Worst Part About Last Night's Game

tonyho7476

By the second inning I wanted to go home. It was over before it started. I stayed till the top of the eighth, but I was out of the game immediately. I only stayed to see what the split the pot numbers were!

That was one of the worst games I have ever seen...not the worst...I was at the first game ever there! :bang :P

I was there too, and I left in the 7th. And I never leave early.

I left at 9:00 hoping to catch the Metra at Ogilvie at 9:40 (didn't feel like waiting for the 10:40). Ran to the Green Line, got off at the Clinton station at 9:30 and ran the 3 blocks and barely made the train. A bunch of Cubs fans also were running to catch the train as they left their game early too. The only good thing about the blowout was I got home at a decent time. And I didn't have to endure the obnoxious Cubs fans behind me cheering every time the D'backs got a hit or homerun. They were driving me crazy!

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:39 AM)
I was there too, and I left in the 7th.  And I never leave early. 

I left at 9:00 hoping to catch the Metra at Ogilvie at 9:40 (didn't feel like waiting for the 10:40).  Ran to the Green Line, got off at the Clinton station at 9:30 and ran the 3 blocks and barely made the train.  A bunch of Cubs fans also were running to catch the train as they left their game early too.  The only good thing about the blowout was I got home at a decent time.  And I didn't have to endure the obnoxious Cubs fans behind me cheering every time the D'backs got a hit or homerun.  They were driving me crazy!

I'm getting sick of the f***ing Cub fans at games...including whole families of Cub fans. Yesterday I saw that, again. The mom, dad, and kids are all wearing Cubs gear...why are you here? To see good baseball? Ok, but don't wear those Nazi uniforms to my park!

It would have been a downer to be in attendance at the game yesterday, for sure. But I have never, never left a game until the last out no matter how big a blowout it is and no matter what kind of traffic/transit nightmare awaits outside. I've seen a couple great come-from-behind wins that friends/family who left the same game early have kicked themselves about years later. Granted, you could tell the Kids didn't have it in them last night, but it happens.

Taking the good with the bad, decent outings by Viz and Shingo were good to see. If the injuries to Frank and Jermaine are minor, as suspected, then it's still just one loss and today is another day.

:gosox2: