Neal Cotts

Butter Parque

I'd have to say no. Cotts is finally getting comfortable in the pen and is gaining a good amount of confidence, so why jerk him around again? IF McCarthy is not the answer, then we need to look outside of the organization if Duque is down for an extended period of time. That's the solution.

No. Cotts is one of the few bright spots in the pen. And you can't just expect to stretch him out midseason. That almost never works. The pen is strong with him and not strong without him. He's starting to gain confidence as a reliever and we're in the middle of a division title race. You have to leave him there. El Duque will be fine as at least the 5th starter. We just need that guy to go .500 which I'm very confident he will.

For this season at least he has to stay in the bullpen at all costs... him and politte have been our best relievers since Hermy's recent struggles b4 this game as of late...

In the off-season I think KW should ask Neal if he wants to go back to AAA and stretch out his arm to become a starter or stay on the mlb team in the bullpen, I believe Neal can help us in either role so why not let him choose.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
There is absolutly no need to change him. He has excceded all of are expectations.

He is NOT exceeding my expectations.

I expected him to be a very good Major League Starter and so far he has yet to accomplish that feat.

I have no doubt in my mind that he can do this and that the Sox will give him the opportunity to succeed.

Still :cheers to neal Cotts on the amazing season thus far.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Maybe if Bmac cant figure it out this year and el duque cant get it toghther you might see him in that starter role.

I don't want to see him start this year, in an emergency, yes but I'd rather have him come out of the pen for the rest of this season and pitch 2, 3 or 4 innings in these outings to get him stretched out for next season or the season after. When he's at his best he's got the makings of a dominate starting pitcher.

if BMac keeps looking unworthy of the #5.... and Duque continues having injury issues... it may be time to give Neal another look at the 5th starter spot.

let's face it.... Duque will need big stretches of time off this year. he was good at the beginning of the year... but then since the first occurrence of injury he has been very shaky.

i would love for BMac to come in and spell him... but if he pitches like he did against tonight's AAA team, then... in my mind... we have to turn to Cotts.

Neal was not the greatest starter in past years, but he has obviously turned a corner this year, re: challenging hitters

right now he's LHP long relief... yet he's been one of our most effective guys. hell, he's more likely to throw K's then pretty much any pitcher on the roster right now. i realize he has been doing some late inning work, but wouldnt you all say solidifying the 5th spot is more important? we dont want a repeat of last year.

and to top it off... by playoff time Neal can go back to the bullpen role he has gotten comfortable in. this isnt panicking, i'm just wondering how you all feel about such an option. i think we need to explore all inhouse options before we talk about trades.

Edited by Princess Dye

Thank god some of you people don't make decisions for this team. A role has finally been discovered in which Cotts can flourish in, and you wanna mess that up by making him a starter? No thanks! And the Idea is even crazier when you consider how s***ty Shingo and Vizcaino have been. We're not exactly overflowing with quality bullpen guys.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005