Terry Boers rips Sox tradition

retro1983hat

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
Currently, we have no players that the casual fan can get behind other than what, Frank Thomas?

Agreed, but many players go unnoticed until they appear in the World Series.

Just going on a poor memory here, but the Diamondbacks and Marlins had many no-names before their WS appearances.

I can't stand Terry Boers. Ever since he went on a tirade last season about how Sox fans are only fans because they want to go against what's popular, and Sox fans deserve the worst because they're all losers, I've tried not to listen to that joke.

He's the type of guy who says whatever comes to his mind. If he's depressed, which is often, he'll go off on anything. He's the worst!

On a side note, can you imagine how much crap we'll hear if the Sox do make the World Series...from the negative media and other people who hate the Sox. From the usual "worst fans in sports" to "beating up coaches" to "everyone in Chicago and across the country/world/planet is a Cubs fan". Honestly, I won't care though because I'll be on cloud 9; it'll just make the Sox fans even more loud and crazy at the Cell.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

At present the White Sox have a 2 gm lead over STL for the best record in MLB. If they enter the break as such the nation will embrace this team in the 2nd half.

America loves a Cinderella story & a mid-70 payroll team being the best in MLB tops the list. There is enough diversity on this team to garner general appeal. Ozzie, Buehrle, Iguchi, Rowand, Garland, Thomas, & Koney are known both around the nation & in the city.

The CWS ranks 24th in road attendance. I still believe that if they remain the best team in the majors they will crack the top 10.

The World Series right now looks like a Chicago - St. Louis matchup. There are plenty of stories there to sell that series. The I-55 series.

I don't think either team will sweep the other so this one is likely to go 7 gms.

To suggest that Chicago won't go absolutely crazy if the White Sox were to get there is just stupid Cub bias. What could be better than for the White Sox to face the #1 hated rival of the Cub in the World Series? The presence of STL would draw both Cub & Sox fans the nation over. I think it could very well exceed the ratings of last year's Boston - St Louis matchup.

But if no one cares or wants to talk about the Sox, why is Boers even bringing it up? The story line is exactly what Boers said...no respect. There it is in black and white. Call it a chip on their shoulders or whatever. But the Sox are the second fiddle in the Second City, but if they win the WS first, that will elevate them nationally.

Do you think Dontrelle Willis would be getting more press than Jon Garland if the Marlins didn't win the WS? Do you think the Angels of the Anaheim area would've gotten Vlad if they hadn't won? I don't think so.

ALL I care about is White Sox winning do not give a s*** who watches outside of Sox fans because Terry Boers do not get 1 penny more if Sox draw a 25 share or a 2.5 share. I know either f***ing way the fans on this site are ALL watching and that is ALL that matters f*** TB :gosoxretro:

Edited by Soxfest

With the exception of when the whole black and silver fashion statement was hot, the White Sox have never been near the top of merchandise sales. If I ran the network, I'd be dreaming of a Red Sox - Cubs WS after a Mets-Cubs and Yankees-Red Sox League Championship series.

Some teams are better draws. I'd bet the networks would also salivate over the Nationals getting in.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
I actually think that Bernstein is damn good (about the only guy on the Score who is) and is the only thing that makes Boers remotely tolerable.

I'm going away from the point of this thread, but hearing Bernstein is 'damn good' made me fall off my chair. Ok not really. Anyway, the guy is a complete no-it-all, holier than thou asshole. Any time a celebrity gets in trouble, Bernstein (and Boers) condemn them like they are God. These are the type of people I want to hear get caught with a transvestite hooker, and have to weasel-dick their way out of it.

And their show is the same f***ing schtick over and over again. Their comedy is stale.

With the exception of when the whole black and silver fashion statement was hot, the White Sox have never been near the top of merchandise sales. If I ran the network, I'd be dreaming of a Red Sox - Cubs WS after a Mets-Cubs and Yankees-Red Sox League Championship series.

Some teams are better draws. I'd bet the networks would also salivate over the Nationals getting in.

I think your underestimating the appeal of an I-55 series. Cub fans hate the Cards more than they do the White Sox. They will boost the ratings. Likewise just the mere presence of any Chicago team in the WS will boost the numbers.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

I can't stand Boers. I have long hated their show. It is awful. It basically sounds like a couple school girls giggling all the time. They both are know-it-alls who think they know everything and everyone else's opinion is just a chance for them to rip on that person and tell them how it really is. This is especially bad with Boers because it amazes me he still has a job in sports radio. He really does not seem to know very much. I bet at one time he did, but at this point he is almost clueless. Boers is a piece of crap.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
Don't know if anyone heard that Terry Boers on the Score basically ripped the Sox and said that nationally absolutely no one would care if this team went to the World Series.

Said the ratings would be abysmal for the White Sox in the World Series and network execs would be dreading the Sox going to the fall classic.

Said of all of the old-time historic teams, the Sox have nothing that makes them likable or unique.

Said the current team couldn't get recognized anywhere if they weren't on the field wearing their uniform.

Yea, those Marlins and Angels have so much more marketability than the Sox.