A Myriad of MVP Questions

Disclaimer: Attention all mods and admins, although I'm fully aware we have a 76 page thread for MVP, I have neither the time nor drive to make it through 76 pages. I know you guys do a lot to keep this place nice and tidy, so all I'm asking for is two or three days before you merge. Thanks.

1) What can be done to update the rosters for dynasty mode? Is there a way to get Sosa to the O's, Delgado to the Fish, etc. without ruining the integrity of the game?

2) Do you guys recommend plugging all the minor leaguers in or would that take far too much time?

3) Should I create Tadahito? Did any of you guys?

4) What constitues the "default" rosters for dynasty mode? In other words, can I put Sosa to the O's, Delgado to the Fish, before actually opening up dynasty mode? Or, is there a way to do these sorts of things once inside the dynasty?

Well, I think that's about it for now, I'll post more if I got em, thanks for the help.

Basiclly, I'm concerned with the rosters and such. Thanks.

1) There are a few ways to update rosters. Depending on the system you have that is. With ps2 you can use your modem and connect to MVP online and download the rosters from them. Similar with XBOX. You can also use the sharkport and download the rosters from a number of websites where guys make full rosters(including minor leaguers) for you to download to your pc and then move to the sharkport.

2) Depends on what roster updates you get. Plugging them in yourself would take a ton of time.

3) I'm not sure if gooch is on the latest roster updates from online download. On a page in the big thread somewhere around page 33 I think you can find a CAP of gooch or just go to a website like gamefaqs.com or search google for CAP's.

4) Default rosters is just the rosters that come with the game that are from January. If you download a roster set or change them manually yourself and change them you can just load them before going into dynasty and just turn default rosters off and your more updated rosters will be there with the players on the correct teams.

I hope that makes sense. If you have any other questions fire away and I will try to answer them if my reply didn't make it clear.

1) What can be done to update the rosters for dynasty mode? Is there a way to get Sosa to the O's, Delgado to the Fish, etc. without ruining the integrity of the game?

Well, if you have online access, you can download rosters from online, which should have fairly-updated rosters (Like, don't expect mid season stuff, but things that happened too late in the offseason for it to be in the game should be there). Also, you can do it yourself, if you want to.

2) Do you guys recommend plugging all the minor leaguers in or would that take far too much time?

It's up to you, really. For the bigger name minor leaguers, their name might no be there, but they could have a player based off them (For example, I think there's someone named Buhner on the Mariners to represent Felix Hernandez), so you can just edit their real names in.

3) Should I create Tadahito? Did any of you guys?

It's up to you. Do you want Willie Harris or Gooch as your starting second baseman?

4) What constitues the "default" rosters for dynasty mode? In other words, can I put Sosa to the O's, Delgado to the Fish, before actually opening up dynasty mode? Or, is there a way to do these sorts of things once inside the dynasty?

Default rosters are the rosters that come with the game. You can edit the rosters before dynasty mode and save them, and just use them for dynasty. It's easier than doing it in dynasty (which I don't think you can even do).

I hope that answered your questions.

Beautiful guys.

Thanks a ton, and I mean a ton, for the help.

If I have any questions regarding the downloading of rosters via the internet, I'll let you know. Did you guys ever use the internet downloads, and if you did, what kind of expierence did you have? Sounds pretty badass.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
Beautiful guys. 

Thanks a ton, and I mean a ton, for the help.

If I have any questions regarding the downloading of rosters via the internet, I'll let you know.  Did you guys ever use the internet downloads, and if you did, what kind of expierence did you have? Sounds pretty badass.

What system are you using? I used the PS2 modem and downloaded the "official" rosters from there a month or so ago. I never bought a sharkport so I haven't ever got the rosters off the internet. Also, if you have it for PC I think you can download the rosters that are up to date as well.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
What system are you using?  I used the PS2 modem and downloaded the "official" rosters from there a month or so ago.  I never bought a sharkport so I haven't ever got the rosters off the internet.  Also, if you have it for PC I think you can download the rosters that are up to date as well.

I have a PS2. Do you have to register with EA or anything goofy like that? I mean, I'd love to just download one versus putting everything in by hand.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
BTW Addy, for the minor leaugers, I don't have the link, but EA put the Top 100 minor leaugers in the game, just not there real name. BMac, Anderson and Sweeney are in the game, just not there real names. There is a list online some where, just do a little diging, and you will find it.

You guys are awesome.

I get a little geeked out with these EA sports dynasties. You should see my College Football dynasty; I literaly have a notebook in which I create and distribute 10 prospects each season. Although you can't choose which school your prospects end up at, it's a ton of fun to watch where they go and try to snag one or two of them yourself. It really makes things much more fun to track their progress and success.

I plan on starting my dynasty tonight or tomorrow, so if you guys could help with the online roster stuff I should be off and running.

Oh yeah--one more thing--I absolutely destroy. Bring it on. :P :P :cheers

I get a little geeked out with these EA sports dynasties. You should see my College Football dynasty; I literaly have a notebook in which I create and distribute 10 prospects each season. Although you can't choose which school your prospects end up at, it's a ton of fun to watch where they go and try to snag one or two of them yourself. It really makes things much more fun to track their progress and success.

My former roommate did something simliar to that for MVP. Its kind of cool to face a pitcher that you made. (and then strikes you outs hahah)

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/592/592307p1.html

Since I like ya so much, here you go Addy. Those are the Top 100 in the game, with the real player name in (). Just go to roster mang. then edit players, and you can change all the players names. Takes about an hour.

:notworthy You're the best, buddy.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Feb 26, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
here's an iguchi CAP from operationsports.com

First: Tadahito

Last: Iguchi

BD: 12/4/74

Pos: 2nd

B/T: R/R

Potential: 4 stars

Jersey #: 15

Height: 5'9"

Body Type: Athletic

Face: 6

Hair: 1

Stye: 2

Facial Hair: 1

Bat color: 5

Glove: 3

Elbow Guard: 1

Shin Guard: 1

Wristband: none

Socks: low

Batting Gloves: on

Stance: Katsuo Matsui ?

Contact RHP: 71

Contact LHP: 78

Power RHP: 65

Power LHP: 68

Bunting: 70

Discipline: 75

Durability: 80

Speed 84

Stealing Tendency: 85

Baserunning Ability: 85

Fielding: 80

Range: 85

Strength: 75

Accuracy: 80

Hot/Cold Zones vs LHP

CNC

HNN

HHH

Hot/Cold Zones vs RHP

CNC

HNN

HHC

C= cold

N= neutral

H= Hot

^ there's the gooch CAP i used.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
I would change Gooch's stance to Hideki Matsui, not Kaz.

keep in mind, that was done before the season.

I don't play MVP anymore so i'm not much help.

I'm just getting back into NCAA football, eagerly awaiting the next one.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/592/592307p1.html

Since I like ya so much, here you go Addy. Those are the Top 100 in the game, with the real player name in (). Just go to roster mang. then edit players, and you can change all the players names. Takes about an hour.

that is a cool link. thanks

Regarding the online roster download:

Do I actually have to purchase some sort of PS2 modem thingy? Although I haven't tried yet, I'm worried that is going to be a problem. Now, my brother plays Halo online with our Xbox and he uses some sort of cord that goes through my family's PC and goes that route. Can I snag that cord and use it for the PS2? Hopefully.

Damnit, I really want to get this dynasty up and rolling but this roster thing is taking a while.

Also, will I have to register and sign my life away to EA or is that all pretty easy once you're on? Does it clearly label the download and, if so, do you just go ahead and save it on the memory card?

Thanks.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
Regarding the online roster download:

Do I actually have to purchase some sort of PS2 modem thingy?  Although I haven't tried yet, I'm worried that is going to be a problem.  Now, my brother plays Halo online with our Xbox and he uses some sort of cord that goes through my family's PC and goes that route.  Can I snag that cord and use it for the PS2?  Hopefully.

Damnit, I really want to get this dynasty up and rolling but this roster thing is taking a while.

Also, will I have to register and sign my life away to EA or is that all pretty easy once you're on?  Does it clearly label the download and, if so, do you just go ahead and save it on the memory card?

Thanks.

if you have an old ps2 (not the really thin one) then yes, you have to buy the ps2 network adapter. Then, just use the cord your bro uses for his xbox and plug it into the adapter, setup is easy after that, just choose the auto install. Then as soon as you sign onto MVP, it'll download the rosters.

It's as easy as possible.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
if you have an old ps2 (not the really thin one) then yes, you have to buy the ps2 network adapter.  Then, just use the cord your bro uses for his xbox and plug it into the adapter, setup is easy after that, just choose the auto install.  Then as soon as you sign onto MVP, it'll download the rosters.

It's as easy as possible.

How much for the network adapter? Is it worth purchasing on my own or should I try to bum one off someone?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
How much for the network adapter?  Is it worth purchasing on my own or should I try to bum one off someone?

30-40 i believe.

if you have NCAA/madden, then get it. Those are great to play online, MVP not so great.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
30-40 i believe.

if you have NCAA/madden, then get it.  Those are great to play online, MVP not so great.

Damn. They seriously know how to milk you out of each and every penny.

I'm really going to try to get on the horn and use a friends or something, because that is $40 I just can't part with right now. Hopefully one of my buddies has it as I really only want to use it to DL the rosters; I have no desire to play online.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
Damn.  They seriously know how to milk you out of each and every penny.

I'm really going to try to get on the horn and use a friends or something, because that is $40 I just can't part with right now.  Hopefully one of my buddies has it as I really only want to use it to DL the rosters; I have no desire to play online.

then definitely just borrow a friend's, or even a friend's memory card for that.

if we were at school i'd help ya out.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
then definitely just borrow a friend's, or even a friend's memory card for that.

if we were at school i'd help ya out.

Thanks for the offer and believe me, if we were at school, I'd take you up on it. :D

In the meantime, I'll just try to snake a buddies and hope someone has it.

Thanks for the help.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
What are Iguchi's ratings? And does the announcer and stuff say his name? Is his picture in the game?

His picture is not in the game, but his ratings, height/weight and such are all there. Next time I turn it on, I'll post his ratings--from what I remember, they actually rate him quite nicely.