Krenzel: He Gone!

As I anticipated as early as week 15, Craig Krenzel (QB-OSU) was released today by the Bears.

The dude simply can not play professional football, however, I wish him the best of luck in the future and you have to think this guy goes on to a sparkling medical career.

Current Depth Chart (IMO):

1. Grossman

2. Hutchinson

3. Orton

4. Kitner

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
The dude simply can not play professional football, however, I wish him the best of luck in the future and you have to think this guy goes on to a sparkling medical career.

I didn't think he could even play college football that well. The guy thought he was a scrambler because he had one good game against, I think, the Illini. Oh well, good riddance...he was awful. I would have much rather had Ryan Dinwiddie instead of him.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
I didn't think he could even play college football that well.  The guy thought he was a scrambler because he had one good game against, I think, the Illini.  Oh well, good riddance...he was awful.  I would have much rather had Ryan Dinwiddie instead of him.

You and me both. I loved that kid in college and I still think he may land a back-up gig someday in the NFL. I believe some time in Europe would do him well. Although he doesn't have ideal size, he has all the leadership qualities and can throw very accurate passes up to 25 yards.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
You and me both.  I loved that kid in college and I still think he may land a back-up gig someday in the NFL.  I believe some time in Europe would do him well.  Although he doesn't have ideal size, he has all the leadership qualities and can throw very accurate passes up to 25 yards.

He was apparently good. What was that record he broke in his senior year at Boise? I was pissed off the day I saw that they signed Krenzel because I knew that was the end of Dinwiddie.

P.S. - His name is awesome.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
He was apparently good.  What was that record he broke in his senior year at Boise?  I was pissed off the day I saw that they signed Krenzel because I knew that was the end of Dinwiddie.

P.S. - His name is awesome.

Off the top of my head: top passer rating in Division I-A football.

...I may be wrong.

but I doubt it. :P

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Who the hell is that Kitner guy? I never heard of him.

Kitner is playing in Europe right now for the Bears. I can't remember the team name but he just led them to a huge victory like our SuperBowl.

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Kitner is playing in Europe right now for the Bears.  I can't remember the team name but he just led them to a huge victory like our SuperBowl.

Wasn't he on Amsterdam?

He played at Illinois when they were decent sayinaintso.

http://www.bengals.com/

Bengals claim Krenzel

krenzel050620.jpg

Krenzel played in six games as a rookie with the Bears last season. (Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

6-20-05, 5:45 p.m.

The Bengals today acquired QB Craig Krenzel on waivers from the Chicago Bears. Krenzel (6-4, 228; Ohio State) was the second of the Bears’ two fifth-round draft picks in 2004. He played in six games as a rookie with five starts, completing 59 of 127 passes for 718 yards, three touchdowns and six interceptions.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
He won the World Bowl with Amsterdam. He currently holds most passing records at Illinois IIRC and he was the guy who led us to the Fiesta Bowl with Brandon Lloyd and Walter Young.

Sugar bowl and I don't even go to UofI