Bill Mueller could be traded to the White Sox

redandwhite

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
I'm not really in love with Tracey, though it seems I might be -- but like you said, I think he can be a somewhat important piece to a bigger/better deal.

I'm not in love with him either, not as high on him as others but with his stuff and solid numbers(fantastic before his last 2 starts) he'd definitely be someone other gm's would be interested in.

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)
Yes or no:

Shawn Tracey and Crede for Mueller?

Red sox want pitching that can help them right now and want to get rid of mueller so they could put some new guy there so they woudnt want crede. So my answer is no.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
Red sox want pitching that can help them right now and want to get rid of mueller so they could put some new guy there so they woudnt want crede. So my answer is no.

I'm thinking they might want Pollitte then if they want immediate help. Or maybe and more likely Cotts because he can start too and he has been pitching well.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
I'm thinking they might want Pollitte then if they want immediate help. Or maybe and more likely Cotts because he can start too and he has been pitching well.

And why would we give Politte or Cotts up.

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
To get rid of Cruddy and replace him with a consistent, good-fielding, switch-hitter?

I would rather have cotts and politte with cruddy. The no politte and cotts but with mueller. Plus crede is younger the mueller. I know i hate crede, but I woudnt trade him unless there is a sevre improvment. Im more worried about a reliver then a 3rd baseman right now.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
To get rid of Cruddy and replace him with a consistent, good-fielding, switch-hitter?

Who is a free agent at the end of the year... Cotts is under contract for a long while and politte has an option next year which we will be picking up. Third base is not as big of a need as a bullpen arm contrary to what many believe. I mean i really hate cruddy but he is the least of our problems at this point in my opinion.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
I would rather have cotts and politte with cruddy. The no politte and cotts but with mueller. Plus crede is younger the mueller. I know i hate crede, but I woudnt trade him unless there is a sevre improvment. Im more worried about a reliver then a 3rd baseman right now.

I agree. We have been winning all season because of pitching, why thin out the pitching just to add a little bit more offense? Unless we can really improve our team I wouldn't mess with something that works to mildly improve an area. You have to becareful when trading- because sometimes when you improve an area- you just create more holes in another area.

the way I see it, unless they want a pitcher in our minor league system not named Brandon McCarthy, this trade shouldn't happen. we need Cotts and Politte, our bullpen isn't much at all without them. besides, he's on the downside of his career and a huge beneficiary of Fenway. his batting average at Fenway this year is .343, and away it's .230. last year his average at Fenway was .344 and at US Cellular it was .231. so I'd say hold off in Mueller.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Who is a free agent at the end of the year...  Cotts is under contract for a long while and politte has an option next year which we will be picking up. Third base is not as big of a need as a bullpen arm contrary to what many believe. I mean i really hate cruddy but he is the least of our problems at this point in my opinion.

Exactly, a good bullpen can take a team a long way. Especially if our starters continue to have trouble. Keep the relievers and add to them. This is how we WILL win

Whoa Whoa Whoa slow down....

Politte, Cotts, Marte, or any of our bullpen guys are NOT going anywhere.

Shingo and Vizcaino has shown flashes of brilliance in the past, plus you don't want to f*** with the teams chemistry.

In my opinion, the guy we go for is Aubrey Huff. Huff plays LF, RF, 1b, 3B, DH. Platoon him with guys that are struggling.

Huff is the guy we need, and we wouldnt have to give up one of our guys on our 25 man-roster in order to attain him.

Another alternative is Rob Mackowiak. The White Sox need to look to strengthen the bench, then should focus on getting another arm for the pen.

If Im Kenny, I don't trade Joe, or anyone on the Major league roster....except Timo.....

CWSOX45

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Whoa Whoa Whoa slow down....

Politte, Cotts, Marte, or any of our bullpen guys are NOT going anywhere.

Shingo and Vizcaino has shown flashes of brilliance in the past, plus you don't want to f*** with the teams chemistry.

In my opinion, the guy we go for is Aubrey Huff. Huff plays LF, RF, 1b, 3B, DH. Platoon him with guys that are struggling.

Huff is the guy we need, and we wouldnt have to give up one of our guys on our 25 man-roster in order to attain him.

Another alternative is Rob Mackowiak. The White Sox need to look to strengthen the bench, then should focus on getting another arm for the pen.

If Im Kenny, I don't trade Joe, or anyone on the Major league roster....except Timo.....

CWSOX45

Huff has been horrible this year!

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
Not this season.  Huff hasn't been great so far this year.

So far your right, however he's hitting .333 this month and he's been fantastic from June on in his career. Huff is a great, great hitter and I stick by my original remark he'd be the best hitter we have minus Frank.