Pitcher Brendan Donnelly of the Angels was ejected

Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Jose Guillens such a badass.  I thought that was the coolest thing ever to spite his old team, what a missle.  I didn't see what he did as going over the line.  Nice bat toss hard clap and a scream.  I love it.

It might not have been over the line, but it was close -- the toss in particular. It could get ugly tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
I've talked to some people that played in the Frontier League with Donnelly, and they also say he was just a massive asshole.

What team did he play for in the Frontier League??

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
And is't Colon pitching tonight.. ? That's gonna leave a mark.  :o

Colon and Guillen are from the same country and usually foreign players from the same country have idonno a pact with each other... a course there are exceptions lol Ozzie/Maggz

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
Colon and Guillen are from the same country and usually foreign players from the same country have idonno a pact with each other... a course there are exceptions lol Ozzie/Maggz

The only thing Bart has a pact with is a double cheeseburger...

Bartolo Colon is from the Dominican Republic, Guillen is from Venezuela. Totally different countries.

Once a cheater, always a cheater... :nono

Sox have hand in Nats-Angels animosity

The near brawl between the Los Angeles Angels and Washington Nationals late Tuesday -- and the heated confrontation between the teams' managers -- had its roots in a three-game series the White Sox and Angels played two weeks ago.

Trouble started Tuesday when the Nationals had the umpires check the glove of Angels reliever Brendan Donnelly. A foreign substance, allegedly pine tar, was found on the glove, and Donnelly was ejected.

When the Sox played the Angels from May 30 to June 1 at U.S. Cellular Field, the Sox had umpires watch to see if Donnelly would put his hand to his mouth while on the mound, a rule violation. Donnelly was caught in back-to-back games, and a ball was added to the batter's count each time.

Angels manager Mike Scioscia was upset with the Sox' decision to alert the umpires. On Tuesday night, Scioscia went face-to-face with Nationals manager Frank Robinson, causing both benches to empty.

''How dumb can you be to don't do those little things?'' Guillen said Wednesday about Donnelly. ''How dumb you can't go [off the mound] for one second and come back? I don't make the rules. To me, that's an overrated rule. If you want to lick your fingers, who cares if you're on the mound or on the grass?

''If he's upset, then he's ignorant. I don't care what he thinks, that's the rules. That's not Ozzie's rule, that's baseball's rules.''

Guillen said he heard Donnelly was caught by the umpires Tuesday.

''When you get caught, you're a cheater, but if you don't get caught, you're a smart man,'' Guillen said. ''There is a lot of people using it, but they don't get caught.''

QUOTE(ozzieguillen @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
When you get caught, you're a cheater, but if you don't get caught, you're a smart man.  There is a lot of people using it, but they don't get caught.

You gotta admire Ozzie sometimes. Sure, I often cringe when he mismanages the bullpen, or brings Timo in to pinch hit when there are much better options on the bench, but no manager just comes out and says something like this. Call him a rat, a snitch, etc. At least he's righteous (for the most part) in his blatant honesty. He is so much better than Dusty Baker that it's hard to put into words.

That was quick:

Brendan Donnelly - Relief Pitcher

MLB suspended RHP Brendan Donnelly 10 games for having a foreign substance on his glove in a June 14 game.

Donnelly appealed the suspension and will be available until his case is heard.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
I hate when players appeal and still get to play. I would change the rule of when you appeal a suspension, you have to sit out until you get the answer back.

It doesn't bother me that players get an appeal, but it does piss me off when they appeal just to play in a certian series, but drop the appeal when they hit an easy stretch of games. My rule would be if you appeal, you can't change your mind, and you serve your suspension when MLB saids so.