Brown to return to Illini

Trust me, Dee is looking for any and every possible way to stay in the draft. By far, his last option is to return to the Illini and play without his buddies Luther and Deron. Besides what you read in the paper, I know for a fact that Dee's not exactly a fan of Bruce Weber.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
Trust me, Dee is looking for any and every possible way to stay in the draft.  By far, his last option is to return to the Illini and play without his buddies Luther and Deron.  Besides what you read in the paper, I know for a fact that Dee's not exactly a fan of Bruce Weber.

and how would you know this, from what ive seen and here is that Dee is a very nice guy and didnt seem to have any problems with anyone and told Weber to take him out of games b4 Luther.

Just want to know how you know for a fact that Dee actually doesnt like Weber.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
and how would you know this,  from what ive seen and here is that Dee is a very nice guy and didnt seem to have any problems with anyone and told Weber to take him out of games b4 Luther.

My brother was in quite a few classes with Dee last semester, and they talked about stuff when doing group projects. As it goes without saying, Dee's not the perfect angel that a lot of Illini fans make him out to be. Dee wants the money NOW!

He probably finds it hard that all his boys(Deron, Luther, Powell) are leaving him at Illinois. Those are his roaddogs. He probably feels left behind and cope that with the money and probably a better chance of winning an NBA championship than an NCAA title, he wants to be gone. I still see him staying, but he's just going to wait until the last hour to say so.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
and how would you know this,  from what ive seen and here is that Dee is a very nice guy and didnt seem to have any problems with anyone and told Weber to take him out of games b4 Luther.

Just want to know how you know for a fact that Dee actually doesnt like Weber.

FWIW fathom was on here mentioning Dee's persuing the draft before it was ever announced or thought of.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
My brother was in quite a few classes with Dee last semester, and they talked about stuff when doing group projects.  As it goes without saying, Dee's not the perfect angel that a lot of Illini fans make him out to be.  Dee wants the money NOW!

well as of now he wont make as much money if he waits a year anyways.... This could be the deepest draft in years and he was already probably a 2nd rounder and with the injury will fall ever further...

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
well as of now he wont make as much money if he waits a year anyways.... This could be the deepest draft in years and he was already probably a 2nd rounder and with the injury will fall ever further...

What's the guarantee he'll make more money next year? He was Big Ten player of the year, he played in the championship game, he can go to Europe and make big money if the draft doesn't work out for him. He should turn pro.

Playing in Europe would be pretty lame, and i don't think that's what he wants.

What hasn't he proved? That's easy - that he can play the point.

That is the main thing he has to prove next year...and then someone will for sure draft him and show him some money.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Boers & Bernstein said on the Score that Bruce Weber hung up on Jon Scheyer when he called to tell him he was going to Duke...

If that's true, it pretty much confirms a lot of things I've heard about Weber. There's a big reason why top recruits don't like him too much.