Fry's Electronics Rocks!

tonyho7476

There is a Fry's electronics in Downers Grove (just south of Butterfield on Finley Road). This is the only one in Illinois, and it is a great place. Its like a super-sized Best Buy, but with better prices. I have gotten some great deals over the past year. I bought Madden NFL 2005 for $36.99, the day it came out. Retail 49.99. Now they have Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for XBox for $29.99 (through tomorrow)...Retail $49.99.

They also have lots of deals on movies, TVs, CDs, evertyhing they sell. Their ads are always in the middle of the Sun Times (not sure about the trib). If you haven't checked this place out, do it.

Has anyone got any kick ass deals from there?

There's 5 of them in the metroplex (Dallas/Fort Worth and surrounding cities).

That place just kicks MAJOR ass. I never even go to Best Buy now, because Fry's kicks the s*** out of them as far as prices and stuff they have.

The most dangerous thing I possess is a credit card from Fry's with too large of a limit... :lol:

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)

That place just kicks MAJOR ass.  I never even go to Best Buy now, because Fry's kicks the s*** out of them as far as prices and stuff they have.

The most dangerous thing I possess is a credit card from Fry's with too large of a limit... :lol:

We just got it last summer...do they run similar deals like I was mentioning? I was wondering if they were doing this since they were new to our market.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
There is a Fry's electronics in Downers Grove (just south of Butterfield on Finley Road).  This is the only one in Illinois, and it is a great place.  Its like a super-sized Best Buy, but with better prices.  I have gotten some great deals over the past year. I bought Madden NFL 2005 for $36.99, the day it came out.  Retail 49.99.  Now they have Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for XBox for $29.99 (through tomorrow)...Retail $49.99.

They also have lots of deals on movies, TVs, CDs, evertyhing they sell.  Their ads are always in the middle of the Sun Times (not sure about the trib).  If you haven't checked this place out, do it.

Has anyone got any kick ass deals from there?

Fry's is the best without a doubt. I bought a 512MB flash drive for 69 bucks last year. That was a great deal.

They have great deals on just about everything and they sell anything you want electronically. I can spend the entire day in that damn store.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
They have great deals on just about everything and they sell anything you want electronically. I can spend the entire day in that damn store.

:headbang

It's too close to my work... I go in there at lunch and invariably leave with something every time.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
If they had a bar and some dancing girls, I would never leave!

/writes this down for a business plan...

Fry's dancers and electronics boutique - who's with me?

:drink

:headbang

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
yea i always see their ads in the suntimes. they have some awesome deals and i want to go, but its all the way in downers grove and i would most likely get lost. :crying

Its easy to find...where would you be coming from?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Fry's is the best without a doubt. I bought a 512MB flash drive for 69 bucks last year. That was a great deal.

That is a horrible deal. We regularly run them for $40 bucks out the door before rebates.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)

That place just kicks MAJOR ass.  I never even go to Best Buy now, because Fry's kicks the s*** out of them as far as prices and stuff they have.

We have a few of em out here as well. Pretty darn badass, but they do get major crowded, especially when they have a real good sale item.