How good is Garland? (not just this year)

Hideaway Lights

Yeah, his last injury was a freak injury, but none of his others were. His others were genuine health problems. And this one has a habit of really hurting people for a long time.

Also, after he came back from his ankle injury last year he was inconsistent for quite some time. didn't really get it going until the end of the year.

Prior is as good a pitcher as any in baseball...when he's healthy, but he's shown me no signs that he'll ever put together a string of healthy productive seasons.

I'll take a full season of Garland over a half season of Prior and a half season of Mitre any day.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
190+ innings each of the last three years, a 4.6ish ERA (not horrible considering the AL average) and 12 wins in each of the last three years, a stat that few other pitchers can boast.

He's already got 86 innings pitched this year and with his durability and apparent poise at still a relatively young age, I think we could see the emergence of a right-handed Buehrle. A guy who will give you 200 innings every year, stay relatively injury free, go deep into every game and at the least get you 15 wins every year.

You probably just jinxed him! lol. j/k