Christian Right Eating Its Own

LowerCaseRepublican

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Ah, seeing that it is the Reverend Hatemonger Phelps, I can't say I'm surprised.

The best picture in my head of Phelps comes from a time that Michael Moore assembled a group of gays and lesbians who showed up at his protest singing "America the Beautiful" and Phelps running away when the gays "got too close" like he was going to catch something. :lol:

In 2003, Phelps demanded that he be allowed to erect an anti-gay monument in a Boise public park. To avoid a lawsuit from his group, city officials voted in 2004 that a Ten Commandments monument be moved out of the park.

Am I missing something here? They removed a TC monument to pacify this idiot? :huh

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 04:52 AM)
Am I missing something here?  They removed a TC monument to pacify this idiot?  :huh

Nope, they removed it so he couldn't claim that there was already a precident of religious free speech in that public place and use it as a reason his monument should be allowed as well.