Mr. Decision?

Hideaway Lights

He also has something like 14 walks all season (don't know if that was entering todays game or after it). I know he walked 3 today (or I think he did). That to me is the #1 stat in terms of Jon's success. He's confident and is attacking hitters.

i wonder what we would all be saying and thinking about garland if the score from today was 6 - 2 dbacks

heh

3 starts in a row from our pitching staff that wasnt up to white sox par... we'd be pissed

and i laugh

mUhahah

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
i wonder what we would all be saying and thinking about garland if the score from today was 6 - 2 dbacks

heh

3 starts in a row from our pitching staff that wasnt up to white sox par... we'd be pissed

and i laugh

mUhahah

I agree. Let's hope this is only a bump in the road and not the beginning of a trend.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
I agree.  Let's hope this is only a bump in the road and not the beginning of a trend.

I personally think the effect of Colorado took a toll on Freddy, Jose, and the Duke. Garland just didn't have much today even though that homerun to Clark was ridiculous.

I personally think the effect of Colorado took a toll on Freddy, Jose, and the Duke.  Garland just didn't have much today even though that homerun to Clark was ridiculous.

Crede and Konerko didn't help him either, except on offense of course.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
He also has something like 14 walks all season (don't know if that was entering todays game or after it).  I know he walked 3 today (or I think he did).  That to me is the #1 stat in terms of Jon's success.  He's confident and is attacking hitters.

That is defiantly the most important stat for Garland!

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
Crede and Konerko didn't help him either, except on offense of course.

That's a stat that doesn't show up in the books. Jon got in trouble and made some pitches to get out of trouble and Crede and Konerko made some mistakes. I'm not knocking them...those things happen in the course of the season...but those bounces went Jon's way earlier. Every pitcher that wins a lot of games has solid defense behind him that sometimes saves him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 05:54 AM)
I personally think the effect of Colorado took a toll on Freddy, Jose, and the Duke.  Garland just didn't have much today even though that homerun to Clark was ridiculous.

I've heard, a couple of times this year, that an opposing pitchers next start, after one in Colorado, is usually pretty poor. And it is also why Colorado pitchers find it hard to pitch for the Rockies. Even though they are used to it, it's still hard for any person to recover from the altitudes. Something about lack of oxygen and muscle recovery. We'll see after the next start. I'm glad we don't have to go back there.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
Also I got the impression that the Sox weren't to thrilled with the inconsistent strike zone yesterday.  Yeah pitchers are supposed to get used to it, but when it seems like every other pitch is a close call...you start wondering.

Actually I thought the turning point in the game wasn't Franks HR, but when Ozzie started yelling at the ump from the dugout about the strike zone. It seemed like almost immediately Russ Ortiz's strike zone shrunk to meet Jon Garland's strike zone.

that's exactly what I said last night. It was so weird...normally umps to change anything when a manager yells. If anythign they get bigger just to show who's boss. That ump yesterday changed his zone as soon as Ozzie said something to him. It was strange..kinda like...oh ok you caught me...I'll call it fair now.

What gives Blue?? :huh