Paulie is on FIRE!

Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
Paul Konerko

.251 AVG

.360 OBP

.498 SLG

.858 OPS

17 HR

45 RBI

37 BB

52 SO

He has a 12-game hitting streak going as well.  Konerko's numbers will continue to increase now that Frank is in the lineup.

Maybe his rbi's will slow down with frank batting a few of them in.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
Six of those 12 games of Paulie's streak were without Frank in the line up.

Up until today for the last 3 games he was going to right field much more, I'm not sure if that was the case vs Colorado and the first two games against San Diego when I was out of town but that's something I've noticed about him. Pauly becomes such a dangerous hitter when he uses the whole field.

Up until today for the last 3 games he was going to right field much more, I'm not sure if that was the case vs Colorado and the first two games against San Diego when I was out of town but that's something I've noticed about him.  Pauly becomes such a dangerous hitter when he uses the whole field.

This is true. He's hitting bloopers and base hits to RF. That's a good sign that he isn't trying to pull-jerk every damn pitch. Although if you guys noticed, all 4 of our homers last night were to LF. "PULL BASEBALL, SON!!!" :lol:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
This is true.  He's hitting bloopers and base hits to RF.  That's a good sign that he isn't trying to pull-jerk every damn pitch.  Although if you guys noticed, all 4 of our homers last night were to LF.  "PULL BASEBALL, SON!!!" :lol:

His homer Tuesday was also to RF. I was totally amazed, and as it's already been said, it makes him that much more dangerous.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
Up until today for the last 3 games he was going to right field much more, I'm not sure if that was the case vs Colorado and the first two games against San Diego when I was out of town but that's something I've noticed about him.  Pauly becomes such a dangerous hitter when he uses the whole field.

This is the difference in Pauly. I don't know if watching Frank made him think of this again, but hitting the ball to RC (especially since Frank hasn't done it for years now) has been the huge difference in his game, and no coincidentally, that is when his BA started to jump too.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
Can someone pull up his numbers just hitting behind Frank?

April - .218/.320/.494

May - .227/.350/.433

June - .362/.455/.638

He's still brutal against lefties though; .185/.343/.426. Considering how bad our team is against righties, there's probably a better than even money chance that Konerko stays with the Sox after this season.

He's a risky player to have on a long term deal though. If he starts pulling the ball, well he won't be effective as a cleanup hitter, and he's streaky as hell.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
Maybe his rbi's will slow down with frank batting a few of them in.

Maybe his RBI's will go up with the big man in front of him actually walking.

I wonder if the biggest effect Frank might have on this team is just as a hitting mentor. No one in baseball has been a more patient hitter over the last 15 years. Frank knows better than anyone that a home run is great, but a walk is better than an out, and his whole career he's shown that.

We've already heard anecdotes about Frank working a lot with Uribe to force Juan to be a more patient hitter. I wonder how many of the other guys Frank spends time talking to about hitting? Frank's also a guy who's never been scared to hit the ball the other way.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
No we all did not....I remember aboz saying Frank should be traded because he sucks, is a cancer blah blah blah

i also remember getting my head bit off for saying paul konerko should make the all-star team. god i rule lol

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Did I mean it? Was it the same as calling Frank the "Big Skirt?" It's completely different situations. Crede hasn;t proved a thing to me yet. Frank has proven that he can be an elit player in the MLB. It's like Ted Williams getting injured and calling him a derrogatory nickname because he got injured late in his career?

It isn't different. Its your opinion of one player, and its Aboz's opinion of a different player. Just because Frank is a bigger named player doesn't make it any less hypocritical for you to get pissed of for calling him names when you are doing the exact samething. Its namecalling no matter who it is.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
But when you called hi the Big Skirt, it was after he had gotten injured. I guess ytour timing was off or whatever....I dunno. But when you posted it, it seemed like you thought he was a little b**** for getting injured his 1st day back.

I just said I wasn't surprised he was hurt (because I wasn't) because over the past few seasons he has not been able to stay healthy.

Bottom line: best player in Sox history. I don't like players who b**** about money or contracts, thats why I've had it in for him in that regard since then.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
It's not even an opinion of his playing ability.  It's just an opinion of his b****ing about his contract.  Don't like your contract?  Shouldn't have signed it.  Play the damn game and shut up.  Same goes for TO and any of these other idiots who complain about money.

Alright.. I've had it. STHU about Frank.. or else..

Go ahead... try me.. :whip

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Alright.. I've had it. STHU about Frank.. or else..

Go ahead... try me..  :whip

Even in deep confrontation with you Steff....All I can think of is...

How much I can't wait to see you and the King of Pop riding Dumbo.

Don't forget the picture!

:D :P :cheers

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
I just said I wasn't surprised he was hurt (because I wasn't) because over the past few seasons he has not been able to stay healthy.

Bottom line: best player in Sox history.  I don't like players who b**** about money or contracts, thats why I've had it in for him in that regard since then.

Power tripping conspirast!

:P

One of these days, I'll have to get there when you're there again so I can buy you a PBR. :drink But it's not this weekend... :crying

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)

:D  :P  :cheers

Someone HAS to get a scanner out there some how, some way. This picture is worth its weight in gold.

/sorry, back on topic. I've been hijacking crap all day :lolhitting

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Power tripping conspirast!

:P

One of these days, I'll have to get there when you're there again so I can buy you a PBR. :drink But it's not this weekend...  :crying

One word. Soxfest. That is if we can find a way to go this year... but that is a different story.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
Someone HAS to get a scanner out there some how, some way.  This picture is worth its weight in gold.

/sorry, back on topic.  I've been hijacking crap all day :lolhitting

I can probably have someone here at work do it. Or maybe I can take a picture of the picture with my digital and do it that way..

Yea.. stop hijacking!! :lolhitting

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)

:D  :P  :cheers

They are already in my purse. :lol: