Sox luck out again for the Dodgers series...

Jabroni

Derek Lowe and Brad Penny won't be due to pitch in the series. Odalis Perez is still on the DL. Gagne was just put back on the DL and may need Tommy John surgery on his elbow. Valenstache is also still on the DL. We will however get to see the return of Kelly Wunsch. Here are the probable pitching matchups for the series...

Friday, June 17

D.J. Houlton, RHP (2-0, 5.72) vs. Mark Buehrle, LHP (7-1, 2.91)

Saturday, June 18

Elmer Dessens, RHP (0-0, 4.00) or Derek Thompson, LHP (0-0, 4.20) vs. Freddy Garcia, RHP (6-3, 3.78)

Sunday, June 19

Jeff Weaver, RHP (6-6, 5.15) vs. Jose Contreras, RHP (3-3, 3.81)

We get to see their three worst starters.

Edited by Jabroni

If they score at least 4 runs each game- I don't see how we can't win this series? The offense owes Buerhle many runs on Friday, Garcia needs at least 4 runs, and on Sunday Contreras will rebound from his terrible start and the Sox should pound Weaver as they have done many times in the past. ITS '59 World Series REVENGE TIME BABY!

It's nice to see Kelly Wunsch pitching again. I was at a end-of-school-year party for my division at Caltech 2 weeks ago - wearing my Sox replica jersey of course (we beat Cleveland that night), some lady came up to me & asked if I knew who Kelly was. Seems she's fairly good friends with him.

He's a good kid, always like those crafty relievers. Glad to see he's back healthy & in the big leagues.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 04:42 AM)
Houlton pitched real well vs. Minny on Sunday. Big righty.

The quote from Jim Tracy was that after his first start, he'd earned another one.

We've had plenty of guys this year get lit up in their first or second starts and then come out against us looking like Cy Young. It's about time we made a rookie look bad.

Just out of curiousity, anyone know if Jose is traveling with the Dodgers?

QUOTE(mwolfson @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 08:10 AM)
I'm going to go out on a limb and pray for a sweep... There is no reason we shouldn't be able to take all three games while out in Cali. Afterall, we are the "best" team in baseball.

after all we "wont" be out in cali since its a home series.