FRANK freakin' THOMAS

mwolfson

I know in the limited time back, we've all seen what the Big Hurt can do but has anyone noticed some of his projected numbers, especially for home runs if he continues at this pace... Currently he has 4 HR's in his limited time playing with the Sox but if he continues to see limited time like he has he still PROJECTED to HIT 47 HOME RUNS.... WOW. I know it's early in "his" season but DAMN!

QUOTE(mwolfson @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
I know in the limited time back, we've all seen what the Big Hurt can do but has anyone noticed some of his projected numbers, especially for home runs if he continues at this pace... Currently he has 4 HR's in his limited time playing with the Sox but if he continues to see limited time like he has he still PROJECTED to HIT 47 HOME RUNS.... WOW. I know it's early in "his" season but DAMN!

This is a classic example of numbers skewed by too small of a sample size.

It's incredible what he's doing though. He hadn't played baseball for almost a full calendar year, and in the past, Frank used to be known as a slow starter. I kind of assumed that it might take more time for him to get his swing back, with the long layoff etc. However, Frank's in prime form right now.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
I wonder who will start on Friday- Everett or Thomas? With the way Thomas, Dye, Rowand, Everett and Podsednick are swinging th bat- now I know how Ozzie can get constant head-aches while making his lineup cards.

It's about damn time we have this problem!!! :gosox1:

I noticed that Frank left in the eighth because he had another minor cramp in his leg. I wonder if this has less to do with his coffee intake and more to do with his huge boot that he has to wear all the time now. I know that when I wore a certain pair of spikes in high school baseball that pushed up on my arch, that I basically got shin splints because of the pressure being put on the muscles in my lower leg when i ran. It really sucked, and I had to get new spikes. Just curious.