Runaway Bride 2..

Steff

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
OK now why do athletes who committ assault and battery on a basketball court get a free pass over schmo's who committ it in a bar or similar place?  Some would argue bar fights are just a part of the scene, just like a fight in a sporting event.

Again Mike.. why are you asking me..? I don't agree with them getting a free pass.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
Again Mike.. why are you asking me..? I don't agree with them getting a free pass.

Based on your first response in here it sounded like that was what you were saying. They shouldn't get punished because it would harm the team, when in fact regular people get punished for the samethings that athletes get away with everyday, no matter what harm it inflicts on their "team" (family, company. etc)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
Based on your first response in here it sounded like that was what you were saying.  They shouldn't get punished because it would harm the team, when in fact regular people get punished for the samethings that athletes get away with everyday, no matter what harm it inflicts on their "team" (family, company. etc)

Again...why do you keep asking her??? :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
Based on your first response in here it sounded like that was what you were saying.  They shouldn't get punished because it would harm the team, when in fact regular people get punished for the samethings that athletes get away with everyday, no matter what harm it inflicts on their "team" (family, company. etc)

Uh. no. That's not at all what I said. And correct me if I'm wrong but did the players involved in fact get punished..?

I was referring to kap's "analogy" saying that fans still supported the team after the incident. Of course they did.. there are other players on that team that got them where they are today. Because of 3 or 4 idiots the fans should have stayed away...? So I suppose because of the 3 or 4 idiot fans that caused trouble at Comiskey the past 3 years all fans should stay away..? :rolly

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
Uh. no. That's not at all what I said. And correct me if I'm wrong but did the players involved in fact get punished..?

I was referring to kap's "analogy" saying that fans still supported the team after the incident. Of course they did.. there are other players on that team that got them where they are today. Because of 3 or 4 idiots the fans should have stayed away...? So I suppose because of the 3 or 4 idiot fans that caused trouble at Comiskey the past 3 years all fans should stay away..?  :rolly

I misunderstood your initial response then... :bang

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Why the hell are you asking me...?? I think the assholes caught with coke, pot, meth, roids, etc, etc, etc.. should be IN JAIL.

Alcohol is a hell of a lot worse than weed, though. I'll never understand why people lump marijuana in with hardcore drugs like cocaine, crystal meth, paint thinner, etc.

You can abuse alcohol to the point where it destroys your family, particularly when you're the breadwinner or so-called "head of household". I've seen it happen numerous times to friends and friends of friends.

You can abuse weed to the point where....well, let's just say that you won't be going on wife and child-beating expeditions and wiping out families on the highway. Less extreme examples include being unbelievably obnoxious in public and starting fights (Sox games, for instance). Smoke too much weed and you'll catch a headache, basically. It makes you passive, paranoid, etc. It's not physically addictive. Anybody who smokes weed can stop any time they want to, as opposed to alcohol where you have to go to Alcoholics Anonymous for a month or whatever, and that s*** doesn't even cure you in the majority of cases.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
So I suppose because of the 3 or 4 idiot fans that caused trouble at Comiskey the past 3 years all fans should stay away..?  :rolly

Yea, and that's why attendance is such a problem right now.

:bang

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
So anyway... there's this runaway bride chick whose crazy, and I though maybe it would be cool if someone started a thread about her... :D

LMAO.. Bad me.. :bang

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
Alcohol is a hell of a lot worse than weed, though.  I'll never understand why people lump marijuana in with hardcore drugs like cocaine, crystal meth, paint thinner, etc.

You can abuse alcohol to the point where it destroys your family, particularly when you're the breadwinner or so-called "head of household".  I've seen it happen numerous times to friends and friends of friends.

You can abuse weed to the point where....well, let's just say that you won't be going on wife and child-beating expeditions and wiping out families on the highway.  Less extreme examples include being unbelievably obnoxious in public and starting fights (Sox games, for instance).  Smoke too much weed and you'll catch a headache, basically.  It makes you passive, paranoid, etc.  It's not physically addictive.  Anybody who smokes weed can stop any time they want to, as opposed to alcohol where you have to go to Alcoholics Anonymous for a month or whatever, and that s*** doesn't even cure you in the majority of cases.

Are you defending marijuana? :huh:

It's a drug. It's illegal. That's all their is to it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Good grief.. sorry I even posted this.  :headshake

Hey, no problem. Very few things in life piss me off more than people who will criticize weed and then go slam down some beers (not saying this is you). It's so hypocritical that it makes me sick to my stomach.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
Hey, no problem.  Very few things in life piss me off more than people who will criticize weed and then go slam down some beers (not saying this is you).  It's so hypocritical that it makes me sick to my stomach.

I was slamming getting away with the usage of ILLEGAL substances.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Hey, no problem.  Very few things in life piss me off more than people who will criticize weed and then go slam down some beers (not saying this is you).  It's so hypocritical that it makes me sick to my stomach.

:drink

:fight

It's all good... :D

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
Are you defending marijuana?  :huh:

It's a drug.  It's illegal.  That's all their is to it.

I can't wait until Apu gets to this thread.

For the record, I'm not even a pothead, but after taking psychopharm it's pretty apparent that marijuana is outlawed for pretty specious reasons, especially when you consider alcohol is still legal....

:canada :canada :canada

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl