Sox Segment on Cold Pizza

SouthSidePride05

I was just watching Cold Pizza (flipping through channels looking for highlights), and they said "coming up in the next segment, we will talk about the Chicago White Sox; they have the best record in baseball, but they're still playing second fiddle to the Cubs in Chicago".

So it's coming up in the next segment. The show runs from 9-11 am. If you don't feel like sitting through this garbage until they get to the Sox, I'll post a recap later on. :)

Edited by SouthSidePride05

What? What? The Cubs draw more fans to thier park. The Cubs TV ratings are higher. The Cubs have more celebrity fans.

Please keep me informed on this invaluable insight into this phenomenon. I just can't believe it. Cold Pizza must have some kind of scoop here with that information.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
What? What? The Cubs draw more fans to thier park. The Cubs TV ratings are higher. The Cubs have more celebrity fans.

Please keep me informed on this invaluable insight into this phenomenon. I just can't believe it. Cold Pizza must have some kind of scoop here with that information.

When I think about the White Sox history, it really isn't the 85 years of losing that bothers me. Its really our deficiency in attendance, tv ratings and celebrity fans that drives me insane.

Edited by KevHead0881

It really is a joke that all these media outlets are bringing up this issue now; it's been this way for years. And they refuse to acknowledge the fact that attendance this year is on par to be the best in over a decade.

For anyone that cares, it was about a 6-minute segment. It started with Sox highlights from this year, and then the lady (don't know her name) interviewed a guy in North Carolina who wrote a book on the Cubs, believe it or not. The book is called "Cubs Nation : 162 Games. 162 Stories. 1 Addiction", and that's who they interviewed. UNBELIEVABLE!

She starts by saying last night the Cubs drew 39,000 fans and the Sox drew 15,000 less at 60% capacity, and then she asked him why it seems like nobody in Chicago even cares about the White Sox. Meanwhile they showed pictures of US Cellular field when a game wasn't even going on (no one on the field and only a few people in the seats). He said when people put their heads on their pillow at night, they don't think.. Well geez I wanna go to US Cellular Field tomorrow, whereas everyone wants to go to Wrigley Field, the disneyland of baseball. He also said it's a case of not all of the White Sox fans are going to the game, and if they were, we wouldn't be seeing these small crowds. He ended by saying the way to get people to come is just keep winning.

That's about it. :sleep

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
For anyone that cares, it was about a 6-minute segment.  It started with Sox highlights from this year, and then the lady (don't know her name) interviewed a guy in North Carolina who wrote a book on the Cubs, believe it or not.  The book is called "Cubs Nation : 162 Games. 162 Stories. 1 Addiction", and that's who they interviewed.  UNBELIEVABLE!

That's about it. :sleep

The guy who wrote it was GENE WOJCIECHOWSKI. He's one of the ESPN columnist/reporters. You can find his archives here if you care to read more.