The sox may have

Bmr31

There are no circumstances in which I ever want the Sox to lose one game, let alone a long streak - I don't understand that thinking at all.  I want wins, not losses. 

Hawk as manager - no.  I remember his days as GM too well to ever want him as manager.

I have no thirst to change managers.  Can JM win a division title?  The answer is yes.  He's done it.  And I look for him to do it again this year.

I could have managed that 2000 team to the division. Everyone played well and had career years. Anyone who knows anything about baseball could have taken that team to the division title.

But I agree. Under no circumstances would I want to see the Sox lose. I dont care if itll get our manager fired, Ill never hope for such a thing...

There are no circumstances in which I ever want the Sox to lose one game, let alone a long streak - I don't understand that thinking at all.  I want wins, not losses. 

Hawk as manager - no.  I remember his days as GM too well to ever want him as manager.

I have no thirst to change managers.  Can JM win a division title?  The answer is yes.  He's done it.  And I look for him to do it again this year.

And this team has the talent to win. They just need an inspirational manager, which JM is not. Which is why we must bring in Hawk or Wally to fire these guys up...

Hawk would be awesome. He was pissed last nite I hear. Imagine if the Sox and Minny got into it again. Hawk would come out swinging! And he does know the team. Backman or Hawk, I dont care which of the two, but JMs gotta go...

Roman, Hawk got as upset as I've EVER heard an announcer get. He was SCREAMING, and he damned near started cussing. It was surreal!

I could have managed that 2000 team to the division. Everyone played well and had career years. Anyone who knows anything about baseball could have taken that team to the division title.

I don't believe that common statement.

Look at the pitching staff: Eldred breaks down in July. Baldwin. Sirotka who has never pitched again. Parque to all intents and purposes has never pitched again. Someone did something to get that team to the playoffs with a pitching staff such as we had. I also remember JM juggling the pitching rotation to make he had key pitchers for key games.

You shouldn't deny a person credit for what he has done when you judge that person by the same standards for what he has not done. If you want him gone, still give him credit for his accomplishments.

Roman, Hawk got as upset as I've EVER heard an announcer get.  He was SCREAMING, and he damned near started cussing.  It was surreal!

That was funny! And great! Even DJ was getting worked up! I will always remember Hawk screaming "That is BS"!!!!!! :headbang :lol: :cheers

Exactly. Everyone is ripping on him but hes been on of the better hitters weve had so far... :huh:

D'angelo is playng good baseball, hitting and on defense... and guys still want Aaron Miles who has never played above Double AA to be our starting 2B... Aaron has .311 OBP%... he is looking more to me like the other Aaron (Rowand) to me but in the infield!!! All tghis talk about heart, Rowand has heart but has a .118 BA... i think with Miles wouldn't be different! :huh:

If we were gonna fire JM, who the hell is out there to fill that role? If what we need is a new manager, lets bring in someone with success under the belt, and who will light a fire under some asses. I don't wanna see someone else inept or inexperienced take the helms. People who are so pissed at JM are calling for the Hawk to get the nod as manager? The Hawk? Creator of the Go Go Sox of the late 1980s?

If we were gonna fire JM, who the hell is out there to fill that role? If what we need is a new manager, lets bring in someone with success under the belt, and who will light a fire under some asses. I don't wanna see someone else inept or inexperienced take the helms. People who are so pissed at JM are calling for the Hawk to get the nod as manager? The Hawk? Creator of the Go Go Sox of the late 1980s?

wally blackman may be a good choice.

I want to win, win, win.

If we fire JM fine, but I'm so sick of losing I would never

want a losing streak just to get rid of JM.

We won 2-3 vs the Twinks and didn't really hit much today.

Garland pitched well yesterday.

I'm thinking we may have to ride the storm out.

I mean Minn. appears to be average at best and the Royals aren't going

to run away with the division. No way.

D'angelo is playng good baseball, hitting and on defense... and guys still want Aaron Miles who has never played above Double AA to be our starting 2B... Aaron has .311 OBP%... he is looking more to me like the other Aaron (Rowand) to me but in the infield!!! All tghis talk about heart, Rowand has heart but has a .118 BA... i think with  Miles wouldn't be different! :huh:

I agree with you totally rafacosta but some people here are still Miles supporters. Ya dont wanna mess with them... ;)

if we are gonna pick on miles then im picking on jimenez...if you remember i made a post earlier the week that the real season for the sox starts friday...that all we did against tghe bottom feeders was make sure we didint lose the pennant in april...but the tough teams were coming up starting friday and it would be a good idea to erase all the stats of every player and start keeping them from firday..because it would show when the heat was on who was up to the challenge

in his first real test what did jimenez do???..wear the collar for the 3 games..o'fer the entire series...

now im not pulling against jimenez and i hope he starts getting on base against the big boys out west coming to town...but this calling cooperstown to see if the jimenez bust is ready is going way overboard..history with jimenez says he will cool off and drop back into the 240 -260 range and when he does he will be miserable...you just cant ignore this guys past...we are all hoping he has grown up and is past that kind of behavior but just turning a blind eye to it wont make it go away if infact it resufaces again...

lets see how he reacts this week..will he bounce back with a couple of multi hit games???...good test for him

Guest hotsoxchick1
:lol: People still chirp for Aaron Miles...  f***ing ridiculous. :lol:

Oh, Alomar sucks ass, too.

hey doub.. you suck ass too... i guess someone foregot to remind ya of that huh......... :D :D :D :headbang

:lol: People still chirp for Aaron Miles...  f***ing ridiculous. :lol:

Oh, Alomar sucks ass, too.

hey doub.. you suck ass too... i guess someone foregot to remind ya of that huh......... :D :D :D :headbang

LOL i coulda told ya that months ago. :rolleyes:

in his first real test what did jimenez do???..wear the collar for the 3 games..o'fer the entire series...

now im not pulling against jimenez and i hope he starts getting on base against the big boys out west coming to town...but this calling cooperstown to see if the jimenez bust is ready is going way overboard..history with jimenez says he will cool off and drop back into the 240 -260 range and when he does he will be miserable...you just cant ignore this guys past...we are all hoping he has grown up and is past that kind of behavior but just turning a blind eye to it wont make it go away if infact it resufaces again...

lets see how he reacts this week..will he bounce back with a couple of multi hit games???...good test for him

Whoa, I've got to completely disagree with you here.

in his first real test what did jimenez do???..wear the collar for the 3 games..o'fer the entire series... **He made a couple excellent plays in the field, and hit the ball HARD, even though he didn't have much to show for it.

history with jimenez says he will cool off and drop back into the 240 -260 range and when he does he will be miserable...you just cant ignore this guys past.**What history? He only has about 1.5 seasons under his belt, most of it spent rehabbing a bad injury. This guy was once a higher-rated prospect with the Yankees than Soriano. As for the attitude problem, so he didn't get along with some guys on the friggin Padres, that's not much of a history. Lots of guys who are so-called "clubhouse cancers" have played in a lot of postseasons. That bad clubhouse guy rap is just a bunch of crap employed when all other excuses are used up. It's like blaming Royce Clayton's attitude for the Sox's record last year--completely ridiculous. I don't think I'll base my opinion on the guy because of some report out of Padres camp. Maybe those guys were the assholes?

Just MHO. :usa

Guest wsc425

The Sox need to trade Rowand. Alomar in my eyes is an excellent catcher. Bring up Harris. He deserves to play. Jimenez is the future at SS, with Miles coming up to be the 2b.

For all of you foulkewads who hate Manos :fyou because the man has put his effort into this team. Sure he is not worth 5 mil, but after Thomas leaves this year...he is gonna be very very valuable.

Jiminez was damn good to start last year too, got gobbled up on tons of fantasy teams and then really sucked after a few months.  Let's ride this out while he's hot and worry about his replacement when he s***s the bed.

I like you attitude! and I agree - not that I would have worded it exactly that way :P but you are exactly right on.

Jiminez was damn good to start last year too, got gobbled up on tons of fantasy teams and then really sucked after a few months.  Let's ride this out while he's hot and worry about his replacement when he s***s the bed.

:lol: