Pac-Man celebrates 25 years

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)

Dont date yourself, SS2K5 :P . I still remember playing PacMan, Joust, Defender, Ms Pacman, all those fun games at Pizza joints. they were all even cooler back then because they were the table design that you look down at, instead of the standup models.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Dont date yourself, SS2K5 :P . I still remember playing PacMan, Joust, Defender, Ms Pacman, all those fun games at Pizza joints.  they were all even cooler back then because they were the table design that you look down at, instead of the standup models.

Yeah, I used to rock at the table PacMan at Showbiz Pizza Place.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Dont date yourself, SS2K5 :P . I still remember playing PacMan, Joust, Defender, Ms Pacman, all those fun games at Pizza joints.  they were all even cooler back then because they were the table design that you look down at, instead of the standup models.

The ones that had the speed buttons were my favorite...

The story that blew my mind was the guy who had the "perfect" game of PM. I wonder how long that took him to get that good?

There were guys that wrote how-to books on solving PacMan. They had game patterns down and everything.

I had all sorts of PacMan stuff as a kid. Wristwatches, Board Games, Mini Arcade Games, Handheld Games, PacMan Card Games... wow.

Super Mario was a shadow of PacMan.

I remember PacMan, Ms. PacMan, PacMan Jr, Baby PacMan, Super PacMan, PacWorld, and a few others.

Baby PacMan was one part video game, one part pinball.

Also,I was highly disappointed when I found out that the Atari version sucked so much.

Edited by knightni

Super Mario was a shadow of Donkey Kong more, especially since he was the ill fated plumber who had to run up the ladders to beat DK. the strange thing about that was that DK was the one throwing the fireballs and hammers, yet Mario was the one who ended up with the fireballs and hammers when his games came around.

Perhaps the greatest feat I pulled off last Christmas was convincing my wife that when I was buying this self-contained classics video game console (Pac Man, Galaxian, Dig Dug and a couple more on in), that it was for my kid and not for me. :D

12552558.jpg

Since then me and the boy have become video game buddies, and he begs Mom to get each new classics console when they come out - that way I don't have to do it! :P

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Perhaps the greatest feat I pulled off last Christmas was convincing my wife that when I was buying this self-contained classics video game console (Pac Man, Galaxian, Dig Dug and a couple more on in), that it was for my kid and not for me.  :D

12552558.jpg

Since then me and the boy have become video game buddies, and he begs Mom to get each new classics console when they come out - that way I don't have to do it! :P

Im gonna have to try that soon. My daughter is starting to get interested in games that I play, but MarioKart Double Dash is way too advanced for a 4 year old. At least my 4 year old ;)

I had the "Pac Man Fever" album. Yes, on vinyl! :P

Earlier this week, while searching the cartoon channels fro something for my daughter to watch, the Pac man cartoon was on. Classic stuff! She didn't want to watch it. :crying

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Perhaps the greatest feat I pulled off last Christmas was convincing my wife that when I was buying this self-contained classics video game console (Pac Man, Galaxian, Dig Dug and a couple more on in), that it was for my kid and not for me.  :D

12552558.jpg

lol.. we have that also :lol:

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)

As a former arcade game collector...yes the full size ones, I'll tell you that a Cocktail version of Pac-Man still functional is still hard to come by. But if you want to own the holy grail of early 80's full size arcade games...find either Tempest or Tapper!! I had Tapper full size, but left it on my porch outside too long and ...well I'd rather not talk bout that anymore, makes me sad.