6/16 games

WHarris1

Charlotte loses 3-2. HRs for Burke and Lopez. Adkins 11 baserunners in 6 innings but only 2 runs against. Box Score

Barons continue to choke when they needed wins. Lose 9-3. Fields 2-5, Aceves 4-4, AGon 3-4. Box Score

Warthogs more offense. Valido 3-6, more hotness from Daigle. Haeger win #8, Flores save #2. Box Score

Kanny won 8-6. King 4-4. Hansen 2-4. Box Score

Mobile 9 Barons 3

W- Tucker L- Bull

Bull was hit hard in this game including back to back 2 baggers and 4 straight line drive hits his only struggle inning was the 3rd he was pulled in the 4th with 2 on 2 out and Pollok allowed both to score to hurt Bull's final line. No pitcher outside of Jenks could shutdown the league's worst offense with a team .241 Batting Avg. This loss brings the home record to a dismal 10-19. A lot of immature hitters who seem to lack a leader as of now no hitter is ready for a call to Charlotte. I am not sure what needs to happen to change the attitude of the team. Crowd booed the Barons several times after some bad plays on the field.

He might be a late bloomer.  I can't wait till he moves up to B-ham.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. He killed the ball in Single A for the Tigers as well. Then they moved him up to AA and he sucked...

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/leo_daigle.shtml

But the Tribune had a blurb earlier in the week about Daigle...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

First baseman Leo Daigle hit his 21st home run for Class A Winston-Salem in a 12-4 victory over Frederick on Monday. Daigle, 25, who began his career in the Detroit organization, is expected to be promoted shortly to Double-A Birmingham. Daigle leads the Carolina League in homers, batting average (.356), RBIs (67), runs (49) and hits (89).
Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
Tom, tell us more.  Are you suggesting a managerial change is needed, or the coaching staff, or both?

Didn't Razor Shines have some problems with his team when he was coaching the Kanny (or W-S) team?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:17 AM)
I wouldn't get my hopes up.  He killed the ball in Single A for the Tigers as well.  Then they moved him up to AA and he sucked...

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/leo_daigle.shtml

But the Tribune had a blurb earlier in the week about Daigle...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

I know Randar keeps on saying that Rogo will be promoted to Charlotte once the first half of the season ends for Birmingham and once Rogo is promoted to Charlotte Daigle will be promoted to Bham.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
I know Randar keeps on saying that Rogo will be promoted to Charlotte once the first half of the season ends for Birmingham and once Rogo is promoted to Charlotte Daigle will be promoted to Bham.

that sure seems like the logical move, s***, Daigle has more bombs that the big leaguers, this guy is insance right now. And if he really wants a real shot at the show, he needs to bear down when he gets moved up and keep it up. He controls his own destiny at this point.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
that sure seems like the logical move, s***, Daigle has more bombs that the big leaguers, this guy is insance right now.  And if he really wants a real shot at the show, he needs to bear down when he gets moved up and keep it up.  He controls his own destiny at this point.

It's probably now or never for this guy.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)

That's just my feel for it. Daigle is a good guy to have in the clubhouse, but there are several really good guys, a few with leadership skills on the BHam roster right now, so what does that say? I don't know, I have always kind of wondered how long anyone could keep a guy like Razor around before he talked/acted his way out of town...

We'll see. He makes things fun when they're winning, but man is it a b**** to be around him when they are losing... that's my opinion anyway, I could be off...

Rogo is the only hitter worthy of promotion in AA (that isn't already being pushed (Owens and Young)... and Daigle just so happens to play the same position and be on fire a level lower... It makes sense. Rogo's time is the near future, IMO, gotta see what he can do in AAA unless they are showing him off for trade...

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
That's just my feel for it.  Daigle is a good guy to have in the clubhouse, but there are several really good guys, a few with leadership skills on the BHam roster right now, so what does that say?  I don't know, I have always kind of wondered how long anyone could keep a guy like Razor around before he talked/acted his way out of town...

We'll see.  He makes things fun when they're winning, but man is it a b**** to be around him when they are losing...  that's my opinion anyway, I could be off...

Rogo is the only hitter worthy of promotion in AA (that isn't already being pushed (Owens and Young)... and Daigle just so happens to play the same position and be on fire a level lower...  It makes sense.  Rogo's time is the near future, IMO, gotta see what he can do in AAA unless they are showing him off for trade...

Completely agreed, I know I'm very interested to see how much his power numbers increase while in Charlotte. I also kind of wonder if he has a legit shot to replace Pauly if he's not resigned after this season, I guess his time in Charlotte will prove that one way or another.