technical geeks out there

kapkomet

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Question for the people who watch a video stream in windows...

Say I watch a video stream on windows media - where does the file save on the local hard drive for later playback?  Or does it?

I cannot find it anywhere.

It doesn't. For instance, if you played a music video, it would be in "Now Playing" and then when stopped, automatically deleted from the Library since it is an internet source with no extension type.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:12 AM)
It doesn't. For instance, if you played a music video, it would be in "Now Playing" and then when stopped, automatically deleted from the Library since it is an internet source with no extension type.

Dammit.

That's what I thought, but I was hoping the answer was different.

But... it has to have an extension type to play in .wmv does it not?

I think there is a way to download it. Its just really complicated and it involves downloading the stream and I dont' think winows media player does it. It woudl have to be some media player specifically designed for downloading the stream.

I remember my friend had one and he'd download the mlb.tv stuff into his computer but I don't remember how the hell he did it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
I think there is a way to download it.  Its just really complicated and it involves downloading the stream and I dont' think winows media player does it.  It woudl have to be some media player specifically designed for downloading the stream.

I remember my friend had one and he'd download the mlb.tv stuff into his computer but I don't remember how the hell he did it.

DAMMIT.

I like need to know that and now.

:lol:

I tried googling it but whatever it is it is some illegal device. The whole point of streaming is to prevent copyright infringement or at least thats what I read on one of the sites. Well that and it is much easier on the server load. (learned a lot more about streaming video than I ever thought I would, lol).

I know there is a type of program that will grab the feed and copy it to the harddrive, but I've had no luck in the google search Kap.

Edit: Found something for ya Kap. Just go here, it has info on it and how to rip it and such. Has a list of programs you can download.

http://all-streaming-media.com/record-video-stream/