HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Wise Master Buehrle

It has been confirmed that Roger Waters will join Pink Floyd to perform at the Live8 concert in Hyde Park on 2nd July.

David Gilmour made the following statement:

“Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. It’s crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then it’s got to be worthwhile.”

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'm like a f***ing schoolgirl!!!!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :notworthy :notworthy :pray :pray

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
LMFAO Yahtzee... that's hilarious.

You sure you're happy about it?

YES I AM!!!!!

I hope they decide to do a ... *GASP* tour after this.

Hell has frozen the f*** over.

BTW Kap can you put "Pink Floyd reunites?" in the subtitle so all the phreaks know what im talking about?

Edited by YahtzeeSox

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)

YES I AM!!!!!

I hope they decide to do a ... *GASP* tour after this.

Hell has frozen the f*** over.

After reading the title, I thought for a second they might have changed the Michael Jackson verdict!

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
What else should I expect from Soxtalk?

If you don't got anything positive to say, go the f*** away. I don't care if you don't care. Stop spamming my thread just for the sake of posting, because that's been happening way the f*** too much around here.

We have every right to s*** all over your thread. Just because someone doesn't fellate Pink Floyd LPs like you do doesn't mean you get to tell everyone to f*** off.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
We have every right to s*** all over your thread. Just because someone doesn't fellate Pink Floyd LPs like you do doesn't mean you get to tell everyone to f*** off.

So you guys can come in here and spam up my thread.

And I can't spam my own thread telling you to f*** off????

Logic???

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
So you guys can come in here and spam up my thread.

And I can't spam my own thread telling you to f*** off????

Logic???

We wouldn't want your precious 17 year old mind to stoop down to our level of stupidity by f**ging up your glorious and discussion laden thread.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
I'm just checking for clarity.

s***ting on an NHL/NASCAR/NBA thread=wrong.

s***ting on a music thread=not wrong?

Alright, just checking.

Because the only reason teens like Pink Floyd is because they are all stoners and that sounds cool when you are stoned

Yeah, what he said^

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
What else should I expect from Soxtalk?

If you don't got anything positive to say, go the f*** away. I don't care if you don't care. Stop spamming my thread just for the sake of posting, because that's been happening way the f*** too much around here.

Just so there is no confusion this post was referring to a now deleted post. So blah.

People should be able to say whatever they want. To get mad at people for not liking your band is a little harsh. It's a public forum. People voiced their opinion. There will be good and bad in every thread otherwise it wouldn't be worth discussing. If you didn't want a certain type of discussion you shouldn't have posted the thread.

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
I could personally care less, but I know there are alot of people that really think this is kick ass stuff.  Why the hell can't people respect that?

Sometimes, I don't get people.

/rant over

^^^^

The epitome of a quality post. :notworthy

But kap I don't think people were trashing the band and personally I could care less if people do because that's their opinion and opinions are cool.... but to come in a thread and start hijacking it by talking about random garbage? Well, that's not cool. Like I said, the post I flipped out about got deleted and it's all cool now.

Then some guy on a mighty horse had to come in here and start s*** up again. :headshake

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
Yahtzee I have a quetion. When was the last time Pink Floyd played together as a group?

DBAH0 you just brought out the Pink Floyd nerd in me. :aussie:

Anyways "Pink Floyd" played in 1994. This is the Pink Floyd with 3 of the 4 band members, not including Roger Waters who, above, just agreed to perform with them.

Now, with Roger... I think it was about 1981 or so. After The Wall things pretty much turned sour and he left the band. For the past 20 years they've been in all sorts of lawsuits and stuff involving lawyers and sniping but now it seems they've set aside their differences for a good cause. This is Pink Floyd, not for money, but for a good cause. Roger's a bit of an asshole but I respect him a lot more for this.

For the record, I wasn't spamming the thread. I meant that I'm tired of pop stars thinking that I care about their politics. I was responding to the quote in the original post, I think that's fair game.

And I'd take U2 over PF, but that's neither here nor there.