Sox v. Dodgers Game Thread 6/17/05

bjm676

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pierzynski is really struggling.

They mentioned he's a .294 career hitter, he's sitting at .250 right now. He's not taken a lot of criticism here but he needs to pick it up.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)

They mentioned he's a .294 career hitter, he's sitting at .250 right now.  He's not taken a lot of criticism here but he needs to pick it up.

Well, now he's just a dead pull hitter, whereas he used to shoot it to all fields.

DP for Buehrle.

Well, now he's just a dead pull hitter, whereas he used to shoot it to all fields.

No, he isn't. I realize that's the popular theory around here, but a huge amount of AJ's outs have been fly balls to LF and grounders to the SS.

His problem, IMO, is he is missing pitches he should normally drive, which means there is something slightly wrong with his swing. He is not as level as he should be through the swing plane.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)

They mentioned he's a .294 career hitter, he's sitting at .250 right now.  He's not taken a lot of criticism here but he needs to pick it up.

To be sure. But I'm not too worried. It seems to me he is in one of those stretches where he has had an unfair amount of hang-wiff-ems.

Edited by ottawa_sox

I do not like this open stance of Crede's, it tends to make him commit early on pitches so he can try to drive the ball.

Far be it for me to say because I am not Coach Tom Emanski but I wish he would move his left foot about six inches toward the plate and close the stance a bit. He can adjust the back leg however he needs it to get proper balance and allow his hands and hips to clear.

Anyways.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
I do not like this open stance of Crede's, it tends to make him commit early on pitches so he can try to drive the ball.

Far be it for me to say because I am not Coach Tom Emanski but I wish he would move his left foot about six inches toward the plate and close the stance a bit.  He can adjust the back leg however he needs it to get proper balance and allow his hands and hips to clear.

Anyways.

Actually you are on to something with the stance change. I would have him closed off more, so his back foot is more towards 3rd than his front foot. When he opens up his stance should be balanced and he can keep his hips closed more before they fly open.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
Actually you are on to something with the stance change.  I would have him closed off more, so his back foot is more towards 3rd than his front foot.  When he opens up his stance should be balanced and he can keep his hips closed more before they fly open.

What he should do is not bend his knees so drastically to swing at balls low in the zone. There's no need for that.