Inside the numbers...

Capn12

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
And I am sure that his August and September numbers are pretty similar.  Hernandez is money when it counts.  Period.

That's if he lasts that long. I have some serious doubts that if we make it to the playoffs, El Duque will even be will us...

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
I agree. He needs to turn it around fast. He may be hurt again.

Or it could of course just be that he came off the DL too soon, trying to tough out his injury, being the gamer he is...which is some of the stupidest s*** you can do, period.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
That's if he lasts that long.  I have some serious doubts that if we make it to the playoffs, El Duque will even be will us...

He's not going anywhere. Kenny signed the Duke so obviously that the sox would have 5 major league starters but also because he is a big game pitcher, if we need a win in September or October to either get up past the Twins or get us through the playoffs El Duque is going to be there pitching his ass off and pitching well, I'll guarantee you that. Something else I wanted to add is even though Orlando has been struggling lately, he's had an absolute HUGE influence in making Contreras one hell of a pitcher.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
He's not going anywhere.  Kenny signed the Duke so obviously that the sox would have 5 major league starters but also because he is a big game pitcher, if we need a win in September or October to either get up past the Twins or get us through the playoffs El Duque is going to be there pitching his ass off and pitching well, I'll guarantee you that.  Something else I wanted to add is even though Orlando has been struggling lately, he's had an absolute HUGE influence in making Contreras one hell of a pitcher.

El Duque is actually clutch. He is a big game pitcher, which could partially be the reason to why kenny signed him.