Does Konerko not like Uribe or something?

Jabroni

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These threads are so stupid.

Split AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB HBP SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

June 47 13 17 1 0 4 8 8 0 9 0 0 .362 .455 .638 1.093

PK sucks trade him, he has the audacity to be a human and feel sorry for a player. OMG he must die, he tried to be nice to Clayton and say that some times everyone makes mistakes.

Lets lynch him, or trade him.

Guess it is true, nice guys do finish last.

SB

When someone says, "_____ is the best at something," that means he is better than everyone else. I don't care if Konerko didn't say that word for word that that Clayton is better than Uribe, he said it. You don't say that someone is better than your teammate, you just keep your mouth shut. It doesn't even matter if it's true.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
When someone says, "_____ is the best at something," that means he is better than everyone else.  I don't care if Konerko didn't say that word for word that that Clayton is better than Uribe, he said it.  You don't say that someone is better than your teammate, you just keep your mouth shut.  It doesn't even matter if it's true.

It was very obvious that in response to being asked about Clayton's miscues that Konerko wanted to defend a guy who will certainly get ripped by a lot of people so he said Clayton was the best SS he ever played with and he was talking about defense.

You can say people are better than your teammates as long as the context is appropriate and it was in this case, as long as you aren't bashing your teammate. There is no unwritten rule against implying your current teammates are not the absolute best players you have ever suited up with. I can tell you this much, Uribe doesn't care about the comment.

Ever hear our the phrase making a mountain out a molehill? It applies here. This thread is like Sox fans trying to cause drama for their own team, very strange.

It was very obvious that in response to being asked about Clayton's miscues that Konerko wanted to defend a guy who will certainly get ripped by a lot of people so he said Clayton was the best SS he ever played with and he was talking about defense. 

You can say people are better than your teammates as long as the context is appropriate and it was in this case, as long as you aren't bashing your teammate.  There is no unwritten rule against implying your current teammates are not the absolute best players you have ever suited up with.  I can tell you this much, Uribe doesn't care about the comment. 

Ever hear our the phrase making a mountain out a molehill? It applies here.  This thread is like Sox fans trying to cause drama for their own team, very strange.

Damn good post.

Welcome, by the way.

You saying something like that is just as dumb as us saying otherwise.

I'd say not.

Do you really think Juan Uribe cares about what Paul Konerko said? Especially when it's right after the guy booted two key plays to help cost the D-Backs the game?

It's a veteran on one team talking nice about a veteran on another team. That's it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
I'd say not.

Do you really think Juan Uribe cares about what Paul Konerko said?  Especially when it's right after the guy booted two key plays to help cost the D-Backs the game?

It's a veteran on one team talking nice about a veteran on another team.  That's it.

The thing is that you don't know for sure, just as the rest of us don't. Unless your Juan Uribe, you can't prove anything.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
You saying something like that is just as dumb as us saying otherwise.

I don't think so. I think for the season and a half Uribe has been here he seems like a good guy with a good head on his shoulders. He doesn't seem like the vindictive, jealous, arrogant, small-minded type. And that is the type which would care about the comment made.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
It's a veteran on one team talking nice about a veteran on another team.  That's it.

Very true. Sometimes it's the more PC thing to do, especially when it sounds so obviously ludicrous. You actually see it fairly often, if you really think about it. Managers and coaches are always giving opposing teams and players a lot of credit and praise. Do they really mean it? Usually they don't. I'll bet that within the clubhouse they're saying the opposite...

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
I don't think so.  I think for the season and a half Uribe has been here he seems like a good guy with a good head on his shoulders.  He doesn't seem like the vindictive, jealous, arrogant, small-minded type.  And that is the type which would care about the comment made.

Once again, you're not Uribe. You don't know how he feels about this. You just don't. We can say he feels one way, and you can say he feels another. Nobody can prove either way, but neither can say the other is wrong.

QUOTE(marsh @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
It's too bad we already played colorado or Uribe could get back at konerko by telling everyone todd helton was the best first baseman he's ever played with. That would show slownerko. :bang

I dunno.

Helton is damn good.

Too bad he is off this year offensively.

:banghead = Helton on a few of my fantasy teams

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Once again, you're not Uribe.  You don't know how he feels about this.  You just don't.  We can say he feels one way, and you can say he feels another.  Nobody can prove either way, but neither can say the other is wrong.

You are right that it can't be proved. But it is ridiculous to act like it is a toss up 50/50 that the comment got under Uribe's skin. The whole idea behind this thread is far-fetched boardering on some conspiracy theory that Konerko's comments are really hidden shots at Uribe.

I will say that if Uribe is really upset with the comment I would lose a little respect for him. But I am confident that he doesn't care. I will sleep well tonight!

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
I dunno.

Helton is damn good.

Too bad he is off this year offensively.

:banghead = Helton on a few of my fantasy teams

Helton career wise is much better than Konerko. I put it in green because I don't think Uribe would try to get back at koney.

QUOTE(marsh @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Helton career wise is much better than Konerko.

Helton careerwise is better than just about every 1B in the league today. He is one of those HOF career under the radar guys. I sympathize with how upset he was about those ridiculous steroid accusations he had to go through, what a bunch of garbage.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
Would you lose respect for Konerko for saying it?

I gained respect for Konerko for saying it. He knew Royce was going to be completely grilled in Arizona for what happened. Paulie stood up for the guy, he knows these things happened people has bad games or plays or stretches. There is no reason for Juan to be upset about what Konerko said, none at all, and I don't think he is.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Helton careerwise is better than just about every 1B in the league today.  He is one of those HOF career under the radar guys.  I sympathize with how upset he was about those ridiculous steroid accusations he had to go through, what a bunch of garbage.

Unless he changes teams and puts up numbers like he has in Colorado, people will question his numbers playing in the thin air. It's not an entirely off base argument either as he has been good to really good on the road but his home splits are ungodly.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
I gained respect for Konerko for saying it.  He knew Royce was going to be completely grilled in Arizona for what happened.  Paulie stood up for the guy, he knows these things happened people has bad games or plays or stretches.  There is no reason for Juan to be upset about what Konerko said, none at all, and I don't think he is.

What did you think when Konerko said Uribe shouldn't have deked Derrek Lee?