Does Konerko not like Uribe or something?

Jabroni

When Konerko comes out and directly says that Royce Clayton is a better player than Juan Uribe, then I think we should be concerned. But, who the hell knows how either feels about the other.

The one thing I do know is that the comment that Konerko made couldn't be more overblown. If I were there to witness the interview, I'm sure this exact comment would've flown right over my head. I'm sure he said a whole bunch of things during that same interview that, if you try hard enough, you could interpret them in a negative way.

Of course we don't know how Uribe feels about this comment. But I think there's a good chance that he's either saw nothing of it, or doesn't know it was said all together. This is simply something that this board decided to blow way out of preportion.

Edited by KevHead0881

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I do know is that the comment that Konerko made couldn't be more overblown.  If I were there to witness the interview, I'm sure this exact comment would've flown right over my head.  I'm sure he said a whole bunch of things during that same interview that, if you try hard enough, you could interpret them in a negative way.

Of course we don't know how Uribe feels about this comment.  But I think there's a good chance that he's either saw nothing of it, or doesn't know it was said all together.  This is simply something that this board decided to blow way out of preportion.

Here is another one perfectly stated. Well done.

I disagreed with him, I don't mind seeing some good gamesmanship.  But in the end that wasn't a big deal either.

About the only place it turned into a big deal was here.

Must've been a 15 page thread about it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
About the only place it turned into a big deal was here.

Must've been a 15 page thread about it.

To be truthful I didn't even know it happened until I read the original post in this thread and from that I came to the conclusion about it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
When someone says, "_____ is the best at something," that means he is better than everyone else.  I don't care if Konerko didn't say that word for word that that Clayton is better than Uribe, he said it.  You don't say that someone is better than your teammate, you just keep your mouth shut.  It doesn't even matter if it's true.

So if we insert Frank Thomas there and this whole team instead of an individual player, like Frank said last week, why does everyone jump to Franks defense? That is the part that makes no sense to me.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
So if we insert Frank Thomas there and this whole team instead of an individual player, like Frank said last week, why does everyone jump to Franks defense?  That is the part that makes no sense to me.

Maybe the board didn't make a big deal about it, but I said he shouldn't have said it.