gotta love manos

Guest hotsoxchick1

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont know whos seen this or not.. but i found it an interesting read.....had we already discussed it then im sorry for the repeat........... gotta love manos.......

By Joe Cowley

Staff writer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BALTIMORE — Jose Valentin said he's seen it before. In fact, he said he's seen it much too often over the past three seasons.

The White Sox shortstop has been outspoken about players' selfishness, sometimes sounding like a broken record. This time around, however, he said he's willing to fight over it.

Valentin said he's seeing signs of selfishness from his teammates again — a dugout and clubhouse in which guys are starting to go their own way. And he's seeing a team that, at least on paper, should be dominating, but instead is underachieving.

"Those two games we lost to Cleveland (Sunday and Monday), they were over before they started," Valentin said. "I don't always want to be the guy in the newspaper saying things, but I just want guys to open their eyes before it's too late.

"I've been making some comments out loud in the dugout the last few games, just to see if someone says, 'Hey, Jose is right.' Maybe it's time to call a team meeting in the next couple of days. Maybe I'm going to get punched by someone for what I will say, but I don't care.

"I won't let this thing get too far away from us. Not again."

In the 2001 and '02 seasons, the Sox endured long slumps in the first half, only to make a push in the second half that came up short.

The team's recent poor play has been initiated by bats that have gone cold. The Sox entered Thursday's game ranked seventh in the American League in batting average (.260), seventh in runs scored (101) and sixth in RBI (99).

It seems that once the Sox fall behind in a game, forget about it — game over. When they're behind after the sixth inning, the Sox are 1-8 this season. When they've trailed after the eighth inning, the record is 0-9.

Valentin has a right to be concerned.

"Lots of teams go through struggles," he said. "We're a team that's supposed to score a lot of runs ... this is the time when we're going to find out who the good players are, who the men are. It's easy to play this game when things are going well.

"We just have a few guys that have to realize that you can win ballgames without getting hits. When guys aren't hitting, they're walking around here thinking too much about not hitting."

Valentin, who hit his fifth home run of the season Thursday, said the team began the year as a supportive and united group. As individual slumps have surfaced, however, he's seen less of that team unity.

"We have to start supporting each other and being a team again," he said. "Cleveland kicked our (rears) those two games, and there was no life in the dugout. When there's no fire, there's no effort. We have to start picking each other up again.

"The last two years, we made a run late in the season. For what? We ended up coming up short because of problems we had in the first half. I don't want this to be the third straight season of that. We have too good of a team for that to happen again."

Guest hotsoxchick1
"I've been making some comments out loud in the dugout the last few games, just to see if someone says, 'Hey, Jose is right.' Maybe it's time to call a team meeting in the next couple of days. Maybe I'm going to get punched by someone for what I will say, but I don't care.

this is why i love jose...........espically that last liine........lol........ :D

Ineed to leave like now for the game but I ahve to chime in here.

Those are great words and the next game (last night's) he makes an error before the home run in the fatal 8th. He has popped off a lot and I have no idea if his words are now just empty rattle to his team mates (who didn't seem all fired up by Cheerleader Jose last night) but he has to show it on the field without the damned errors.

Which is why as I love all people whom God has made, I love Jose. And as he is a Sox player, I have my general Sox affection for him. As he has provided some great moments and great memories in great games by great plays, I always sing the Jose song at Comiskey with real fervor.

But damn Jose, shut up and stay out of the papers and stop reading your press clippings and stop being St JosE6 and show that leadership on the field.

Ineed to leave like now for the game but I ahve to chime in here. 

Those are great words and the next game (last night's) he makes an error before the home run in the fatal 8th.  He has popped off a lot and I have no idea if his words are now just empty rattle to his team mates (who didn't seem all fired up by Cheerleader Jose last night) but he has to show it on the field without the damned errors. 

Which is why as I love all people whom God has made, I love Jose.  And as he is a Sox player, I have my general Sox affection for him.  As he has provided some great moments and great memories in great games by great plays, I always sing the Jose song at Comiskey with real fervor.

But damn Jose, shut up and stay out of the papers and stop reading your press clippings and stop being St JosE6 and show that leadership on the field.

he said he tried to do it behind close doors...and since hedidnt call anyone out by name i dont see where he did anything wrong...atleast he is trying...not sitting on his ass as another season starts to head down the drain...

how the hell can anyone support this team??..this run here from '01 on has been worse than the '70 season...atleast then you knew they sucked and there was no hope...this team just sits there year after year like a bump on a log...no emotion , no passion , no effort....i cant take a 3rd year of this...ill get an early start on coaching football if this doesnt turn around soon...i can put up with s***ty teams..but ill be damned if im going to take my family and drop a 150 bucks at a game to watch a team that doesnt even try to play the game the right way and looks like it doesnt care...if i wanted that kind of baseball id have become a cub fan...the party atmosphere is better at wrigley...thats why people who dont care about baseball go there..

14k last night...sounds like alot of people agree with me..

Guest hotsoxchick1
how the hell can anyone support this team??..

i can support them because, i just cant see wasting my money on budwiser at the north side beer garden............ ;)

Why don't we just get rid of the cancers Jose is talking about.

I'd rather lose with Miles and guys who hustle.

Look at the Royals winning with nobodys so far.

If it's Frank get rid of Frank.

If it's Lee get rid of Lee.

If it's Konerko get rid of Konerko.

What's Colon up to?

Why isn't he leading the ship with Jose V?

We need to start hitting the fricking baseball.

how the hell can anyone support this team??..this run here from '01 on has been worse than the '70 season...atleast then you knew they sucked and there was no hope...this team just sits there year after year like a bump on a log...no emotion , no passion , no effort....i cant take a 3rd year of this...ill get an early start on coaching football if this doesnt turn around soon...i can put up with s***ty teams..but ill be damned if im going to take my family and drop a 150 bucks at a game to watch a team that doesnt even try to play the game the right way and looks like it doesnt care...if i wanted that kind of baseball id have become a cub fan...the party atmosphere is better at wrigley...thats why people who dont care about baseball go there..

Sing it brother. I don't make much money, and I have to choose the games I go to carefully. And if I have the descrecionary funds available, I sure as hell am not going to waste it on a team that doesn't care. I love my Sox more than anything else, but if they can't convince me they care, why should I be paying their salary?