Jim Rome

TheHammer

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
I just caught the end of this anyone see the whole thing?

People still listen or watch this guy? Rome is a moron, plain and simple. I would put Kotex boy and this guy in a fight for biggest tard on tv/radio.

Who was that f***ing idiot in the forum segment? He says this is the start of the White Sox crumbling from the inside. The Twins are going to run past the White Sox now according to him. He also says Beuhrle is doing it to sell tickets for the upcoming series with the Cubs. Hello dumbass, the series has been sold out all year. f*** whoever that was.

Edit: I only watched it because I was flipping through and saw that a segment on Beuhrle was coming up.

Edited by whitesoxin'

I caught it. He said, he's being hypocritical because there's probably someone on the White Sox starting to cheat. Some guy in the forum segment also said, this would be turning point and that the White Sox always self-implode and they are starting to do so now.

oh yeah, looks like we'll lose 10 of our next 11 because Buehrle called someone out

It's funny also because Rome asked Chad Cordero, is it safe to assume that every team has one guy that does it and Chad kept saying no and that there's probably only a few guys in the league who are doing it. He also said he knows of no one that's doing it. Rome is an f'n idiot. So are his panelists.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Who was that f***ing idiot in the forum segment? He says this is the start of the White Sox crumbling from the inside. The Twins are going to run past the White Sox now according to him. He also says Beuhrle is doing it to sell tickets for the upcoming series with the Cubs. Hello dumbass, the series has been sold out all year. f*** whoever that was.

Edit: I only watched it because I was flipping through and saw that a segment on Beuhrle was coming up.

Was it Todd Zeile? He always has that ass on there. There's always that guy from Elimidate and the red-haired guy from Sportscenter that tells people who to bet on in the NFL. They all suck.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
It's funny also because Rome asked Chad Cordero, is it safe to assume that every team has one guy that does it and Chad kept saying no and that there's probably only a few guys in the league who are doing it. He also said he knows of no one that's doing it. Rome is an f'n idiot. So are his panelists.

LOL I turned it off after wasting two of my minutes watching them talk s*** about Beuhrle so I didn't see Cordero say that. Wow, way to show him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
People still listen or watch this guy?  Rome is a moron, plain and simple.  I would put Kotex boy and this guy in a fight for biggest tard on tv/radio.

After his failed attempt at TV sports interviewer, I can't believe he even got offers for other shows. He's a loud mouthed ignorant panty-waste who only HAS a show because there are people dumb enough to listen to/watch him on a regular basis. And that's all that matters in the media - viewership/readership. You don't need to be smart, have intelligent discussions, or even know what the hell you're talking about. If you can be controversial enough or sacrifice personal integrity for ratings that's all that counts. It's sickening.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Was it Todd Zeile?  He always has that ass on there.  There's always that guy from Elimidate and the red-haired guy from Sportscenter that tells people who to bet on in the NFL.  They all suck.

That's Blind Date, not Elimidate...Duuuuuhhhhh

I happened to tune into this ripfest just before it started, and honestly, was not shocked to hear Buehlre receive heavy criticism for his radio interview.

Why is it these analysts/sports personalities are more willing to criticize Buehlre for "breaking baseball codes" than Maddux for potentially doctoring a baseball? Sounds like ESPN once again resorts to preserving all things Cubdom. Reminds me of Carl Ravich and Harold Reynolds honestly believing Sosa corking his back was a mistake. These goofs are just not mentally prepared to admit a pitcher of Maddux's maginitude may have been throwing spitballs.

Rome and his forum guests only seemed to support Maddux because it may "taint his career," and "EVERY team has a person who does it." Buehrle didn't even mention Maddux by name. He can deny alluding to Maddux as the spitballer or simply apologize. Either way, Cubdom is in an uproar now.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
I happened to tune into this ripfest just before it started, and honestly, was not shocked to hear Buehlre receive heavy criticism for his radio interview.

Why is it these analysts/sports personalities are more willing to criticize Buehlre for "breaking baseball codes" than Maddux was potentially doctoring a baseball? Sounds like ESPN once again resorts to preserving all things Cubdom. Reminds me of Carl Ravich and Harold Reynolds honestly believing Sosa corking his back was a mistake. These goofs are just not mentally prepared to admit a pitcher of Maddux's maginitude may have been throwing spitballs.

Rome and his forum guests only seemed to support Maddux because it may "taint his career," and "EVERY team has a person who does it." Buehrle didn't even mention Maddux by name. He can deny alluding to Maddux as the spitballer or simply apologize. Either way, Cubdom is in an uproar now.

Wait wait wait. Did Rome say that Buehrle was alluding to Maddux or just "someone" on the Cubs? Because if they jumped to the conclusion that it was Maddux, that makes me wonder if they already knew that he does that.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Mark grew up a Cardinal fan and loooooves to piss of Cub fans. He might not actually mean what he said, he just loves to stir the pot.

That was what I was thinking. I think Mark likes to get people riled up.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
We all know Mark hates the Cubs.  He grew up a die hard Cardinal fan.  Nobody ever said it was Maddux. Everyone is just assuming it is him. For all we know it could be Michael Wuertz.

Remlinger

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Don't devote any time to Rome. Every day he does a show, he seems to set a new standard for douchebaggery.

Exactly. Does anybody really care what this fuchhead has to say anyway. Complete waste of airtime. I also get a kick out of all the little neophytes that say...."Out" after posting or talkin'. What a bunch of pimples!