D-Backs

chisoxfan79

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Did anybody see the Dbacks gave up 10 runs in a inning for the second straight game.  Does anybody know if that has ever happened before?

I dont know, but its preety funny :lolhitting

The indians have been real hot lately though

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
I'll be seeing em in person quite a bit over the next few weeks. There's rumors going around that they'll acquire Jose Mesa soon.

They sorely need anyone in that pen. I believe they have the worst bullpen era in baseball.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 04:46 AM)
They sorely need anyone in that pen.  I believe they have the worst bullpen era in baseball.

Believe it or not they have alot of good bullpen arms. But you would just think they are throwing mike jackson out there every time by just looking at the numbers.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 03:50 AM)
Believe it or not they have alot of good bullpen arms. But you would just think they are throwing mike jackson out there every time by just looking at the numbers.

I agree that they have solid arms in the pen but it obviously hasn't worked out very well. Do they have the worst bullpen era in baseball or am I going crazy?

Edited by Rowand44

I agree that they have solid arms in the pen but it obviously hasn't worked out very well.  Do they have the worst bullpen era in baseball or am I going crazy?

No, their bullpen is really that bad. They have the worst bullpen in all of baseball...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggreg...128&season=2005

You know how many people here pray for a trade for Joe Randa or another good 3rd baseman? Well, I have read some D-Backs message boards and they pray for trades for mediocre relievers like Shingo or Vizcaino. That's how desperate they are for bullpen help.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
I agree that they have solid arms in the pen but it obviously hasn't worked out very well.  Do they have the worst bullpen era in baseball or am I going crazy?

Losing Brandon Lyon until after the All - Star Break really killed them. Of course, Brenly overworking the likes of Oscar Villareal and Mike Koplove the seasons before that, didn't help much at all either.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
No, their bullpen is really that bad.  They have the worst bullpen in all of baseball...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggreg...128&season=2005

You know how many people here pray for a trade for Joe Randa or another good 3rd baseman?  Well, I have read some D-Backs message boards and they pray for trades for mediocre relievers like Shingo or Vizcaino.  That's how desperate they are for bullpen help.

Too bad we couldn't get a Cintron for middle reliever deal done. That would be perfect for both squads.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
Too bad we couldn't get a Cintron for middle reliever deal done.  That would be perfect for both squads.

that is the best trade idea this board has seen since Chavez.

but the problem with the D'Backs' pen is injuries. they thought they had their closer last year in Greg Aquino, but he starts the season on the DL, as did Jose Valverde. Brandon Lyon stepped up in Aquino's absence, and now he's on the DL. Oscar Villarreal is also on the DL. only now do they have Valverde and Aquino back, and neither has done too well.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
that is the best trade idea this board has seen since Chavez.

but the problem with the D'Backs' pen is injuries.  they thought they had their closer last year in Greg Aquino, but he starts the season on the DL, as did Jose Valverde.  Brandon Lyon stepped up in Aquino's absence, and now he's on the DL.  Oscar Villarreal is also on the DL.  only now do they have Valverde and Aquino back, and neither has done too well.

See the thing is they can only have 2 of their 4 good relievers on the team at the same time. Otherwise they would actually be a better bullpen.