Summer Concerts

Texsox

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to quite a few this summer. I'm seeing Don Henley/Stevie Nicks tomorrow night. Tom Petty in July, Dave Matthews Band again in Wisconsin in July, Jack Johnson in August. And hopefully Alkaline Trio tonight. I would see Jimmy Buffett but the whole Wrigley thing scared me off.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Paul McCartney is coming in November.  Best concert I have ever seen.

I got tickets for Mac in September. I'm taking my kids to see him because they're already pretty hardcore Beatleheads (now how did that happen?) and they'd murder me if they grew up to find out they had a chance to see him perform and I didn't take them.

:snr

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
I got tickets for Mac in September.  I'm taking my kids to see him because they're already pretty hardcore Beatleheads (now how did that happen?) and they'd murder me if they grew up to find out they had a chance to see him perform and I didn't take them.

:snr

Its either Paul or a house downpayment... Now you know how I voted, but lets just say I got vetoed :nono :whip

;)

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
i'd kill to go to one of his concerts.

It is worth the big bucks, and I don't say that very often. 2 1/2 hour show with no breaks for Sir Paul, and none of the concert version songs. He played tons of music from all of this eras.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
It is worth the big bucks, and I don't say that very often.  2 1/2 hour show with no breaks for Sir Paul, and none of the concert version songs.  He played tons of music from all of this eras.

really?

might have to go the ebay route and shell out some more of my college money, :lol:

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
really?

might have to go the ebay route and shell out some more of my college money, :lol:

If you can afford it, do it. Also you can follow stubhub, and see if the tickets drop in price as you get closer to the show.

I got onto Ticketmaster at 10:00:01 on the day the Paul tix went on sale with all of my credit card info already logged into a registered account and I got my tix in the first 5 minutes. Since we're taking the kids we hade to settle for the nosebleed seats because your're right, SS, the good seats would set you back a bundle.

I made the mistake of not getting tickets the day they went on for the last show (the one you and everybody else still drools over) and I missed it because I could't cough up the scalper prices for them. I saw both of the tours in the 90s that had some of the same band as the last show plus Linda had not gotten sick yet, and they were great shows.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Its either Paul or a house downpayment... Now you know how I voted, but lets just say I got vetoed :nono  :whip

;)

Enjoy the concert, plenty of kids have grown up nicely in apartments. But kids without a solid musical base, well let's just say it probably doesn't work.

BTW, Magical Mystery Tour just appeared in #1 son's musical library. Watching him spend his own money makes the purchase even better. He even grabbed some stuff that Hammerhead sent and was checking that out.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Enjoy the concert, plenty of kids have grown up nicely in apartments. But kids without a solid musical base, well let's just say it probably doesn't work.

BTW, Magical Mystery Tour just appeared in #1 son's musical library. Watching him spend his own money makes the purchase even better. He even grabbed some stuff that Hammerhead sent and was checking that out.

That stuff Hammerhead sent was awesome. I have made so many copies of that for fellow Beatlehead friends it isn't even funny.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
That stuff Hammerhead sent was awesome.  I have made so many copies of that for fellow Beatlehead friends it isn't even funny.

Here's to Hammer, who has indeed curled my musical toes and lit up my Beatlehead nose. :cheers :cheers

Going to see the Intonation Music Festival at Union Park, probably only for the first day so I can see Tortoise. Xiu Xiu and The Decemberists are mighty tempting, but I'll pass.

Also going to see Sigur Ros in September for the second time. Can't wait.

i'm going both days because i want to see tortoise and the Go! team ... but i might just go see the go team at the double door on the 15th...day two will be awesome...i want to see the decemberists (whom i saw at the metro in april and were phenominal...picaresque songs sounded so great especially mariners revenge!)...The wrens excite me to see and

ANDREW BIRD!! if you haven't heard his album andrew bird and the mysterious production of eggs go get it. Its got a wilco-esque(beatle-esque) production value to it while he has a great voice and uses the violin exquisitely...a wonderful album...

also xiu xiu but i'm kind of luke warm on them but i'd like to see them live...

all for only 22 bucks!!!

AND i'm gonna see modest mouse on the 28th i think it is...that should be awesome especially in that venue...i just hope we have a more retro lineup...nothing beats moon and antarctica and lonesome crowded west songs live..

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
I'm so geeked about this summer's big concerts.  I'm gonna see The Black Crowes and Tom Petty, at both Summerfest in Milwaukee and at the Tweeter Center in Tinley. Also going to Lollapalooza, 2 days in Grant Park.  Also try to get into the clubs once a week for smaller shows.

I can't wait For Tom Petty. That show should kick ass, the weird thing is my GRANDMA bought me the tickets :ph34r:

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Going to see the Intonation Music Festival at Union Park, probably only for the first day so I can see Tortoise. Xiu Xiu and The Decemberists are mighty tempting, but I'll pass.

Also going to see Sigur Ros in September for the second time. Can't wait.

I'm debating whether or not to go to Intonation. A lot of that ultra Indie noise rock geeky s*** is just too wierd for me. It's almost like wierdness just for that sake of being different and pretentious. A lot of it really sux.

Sigur Ros puts me to sleep, but hey to each his own, :huh

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
Toby Keith was a whole lot of fun.  He put on a very good live show.  Singing along with all the songs is quite a great experience.

About the only thing I dislike about Toby Keith is he is on the wrong side of the Red River Rivalry. Instead of singing I should have been a cowboy, he should be singing I should have been a Texan

I imagine "I love this bar" must have been huge.