Sox overall evaluation

Bmr31

This sox team has improved starting pitching, with the addition of colon and loaiza. On PAPER, their bullpen is improved, although they probably need a real manager to utilize that. Their defense is slightly improve i think. On the other hand, their lineup isnt anywhere NEAR as it was in years past and they totally lack speed. The sox would be world series contenders, if they had more speed and maybe one more stud in the rotatation. Just my views.

In my mind....the offense will be fine once one of Konerko and Thomas gets it going. When Konerko is hot....there are few players better than him(as we found out last year in the first half). He's still among the slowest in the league and is overpaid. When Thomas gets it going....he can carry a team by himself.

To put it plainly....if Konerko gets going....we're a 90 win team. If Thomas gets it going....we're a 100 win team...atleast. If both get it going....we're going to knock the s*** out of a lot of teams.

I still want to get Shannon Stewart from Toronto....and I'd still trade Carlos Lee for him....but right now, Lee isn't pissing me off. Konerko is the one pissing me off. He is hitting like .215. That is flat out s***ty.

In my mind....the offense will be fine once one of Konerko and Thomas gets it going.  When Konerko is hot....there are few players better than him(as we found out last year in the first half).  He's still among the slowest in the league and is overpaid.  When Thomas gets it going....he can carry a team by himself. 

To put it plainly....if Konerko gets going....we're a 90 win team.  If Thomas gets it going....we're a 100 win team...atleast.  If both get it going....we're going to knock the s*** out of a lot of teams.

I still want to get Shannon Stewart from Toronto....and I'd still trade Carlos Lee for him....but right now, Lee isn't pissing me off.  Konerko is the one pissing me off.  He is hitting like .215.  That is flat out s***ty.

Smoke another bowl, brotha. This team would need to add Ruth and gehrig and maybe Nolan ryan to win "at least 100 games", LOL.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well now.... at the begining of spring training i could see where one would think we could easily take alot of games, on paper we look like a world series winner...but......then cold hard reality sets in when they start to play and that paper is nothing more than asswipe that kw can use for his next outting to the little boys room......... :D

well now.... at the begining of spring training i could see where one would think we could easily take alot of games, on paper we look like  a world series winner...but......then cold hard reality sets in when they start to play and that paper is nothing more than asswipe that kw can use for his next outting to the little boys room......... :D

Not to brag, lol, but i was on record in preseason saying this was an 85 win team. :P

Guest hotsoxchick1
Not to brag, lol, but i was on record in preseason saying this was an 85 win team. :P

ya know i dont recall what i had us at.... but i sure as hell know it wasnt much.........i was not thirlled coming into this season with all the hype and im still not thrilled with it.......i actually considered not renewing my season tickets because i was so sick of this s***.........ask baggs he remembers and cwsox, my exact words were i could get season tickets for the barons games and rack up the frequent flyer miles going back and forth to birmingham for a heckova lot less than i paid for this s*** up here.....i stated from the get go that this was not going to be as great a season that everyone thought it would be and well......its panning out that way huh..........i guess were in the minority boat here huh........... :D

ya know i dont recall what i had us at.... but i sure as hell know it wasnt much.........i was not thirlled coming into this season with all  the hype and im still not thrilled with it.......i actually considered not renewing my season tickets because i was so sick of this s***.........ask baggs he remembers and cwsox, my exact words were i could get season tickets for the barons games and rack up the frequent flyer miles going back and forth to birmingham for a heckova lot less than i paid for this s*** up here.....i stated from the get go that this was not going to be as great a season that everyone thought it would be and well......its panning out that way huh..........i guess were in the minority boat here huh........... :D

Well its still early. If they fire Manuel within a week or so, I will still have hope.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well heres where you and i disagree... the only fault jm has is he doesnt have brass ones enough to tell kw off........if they fire kw then i think that things will start to resemble what we had in 2000.....why .. because kw does not like to have things all nice and everyone getting along.. he thrives on chaos and distractions....and we have seen that for the past couple of years.......he and his ego need to head for the nearest exit and soon so jm can take back the coaching of this team and get it back on track before its too late..........you talk to any ex sox player who was here under kw's control and they will tell ya pretty much what i just said.. and you can find a few now who will go off the record and agree.........no one wants to piss off kw just ask foulke if ya dont believe me,and thomas almost had his baggs packed if it werent for jr saving that mistak while kw was out of town.............

well heres where you and i disagree... the only fault jm has is he doesnt have brass ones enough to tell kw off........if they fire kw then i think that things will start to resemble what we had in 2000.....why .. because kw does not like to have things all nice and everyone getting along.. he thrives on chaos and distractions....and we have seen that for the past couple of  years.......he and his ego need to head for the nearest exit and soon so jm can take back the coaching of this team and get it back on track before its too late..........you talk to any ex sox player who was here under kw's control and they will tell ya pretty much what i just said.. and you can find a few now who will go off the record and agree.........no one wants to piss off kw just ask foulke if ya dont believe me,and thomas almost had his  baggs packed if it werent for jr saving that mistak while kw was out of town.............

He also doesnt have the brass ones to be a major league manager. Its obvious.

This team has way more talent than the 2000 team. The main difference between the two teams is the fact that the 2000 team clicked....and this team hasn't....so far.

If this team clicks....they'll win a lot of games. I think they can and will win 95-100. Why do you have a problem with that?

This team has way more talent than the 2000 team.  The main difference between the two teams is the fact that the 2000 team clicked....and this team hasn't....so far.

If this team clicks....they'll win a lot of games.  I think they can and will win 95-100.  Why do you have a problem with that?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont have a problem with what your wishing to happen..... i am only looking at it in reality.. and that is as long as kw is here no one is going to click..........he is not that type of ruler.............untill hes gone its not going to happen.......

i dont have a problem with what your wishing to happen..... i am only looking at it in reality.. and that is as long as kw is here no one is going to click..........he is not that type of ruler.............untill hes gone its not going to happen.......

HSC....I was referring to Bmr....who's being a huge dickhead right now

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC....I was referring to Bmr....who's being a huge dickhead right now

ok wsf.. but he may be being a dickhead.. but hes not all that far away from being right........sorry to say..........

Dude if you think this team has way more talent than the 2000 team, you really need to go back to baseball school.

I'm talking about talent, not what we get. In 2000....we had a few almost-has beens or one-hit wonders....Mike Sirotka had a huge year....hasn't thrown a pitch in the majors since. Jim Parque had a huge year...he's had an ERA of about 7.50 or so since 2000. Cal Eldred was good for half a year....then got injured....got "healthy"...and got injured again. James Baldwin...had a killer year.....and has done very, very little since then....and is now in the KC minor league system. Both Kipper and Jon were s***ty. The two reasons we were so successful in 2000 was a great bullpen and timely hitting.

This year's bullpen could be just as good, if not better than the 2000 bullpen....and if we can get some timely hitting....we'd be a damn good team.

2000 was something special...this year could be special too. I do realize that this team is not looking good right now....but, this is the time to jump up in the standings. The Royals will come down to earth eventually...and the Twins are down, or atleast, were down until last night. I also realize that a manager change me be necessary.

As I said above....I'm talking strictly about talent....and not what we get on the field. Last year, we had the more talented team between us and Minnesota....but they kicked the s*** out of us because we underachieved and they overachieved...or atleast did what they needed to do. This year....we have one of the more talented teams in the majors....but we've gotten a very poor product thus far. If this team can gel and click and what not else they need to do....they can win a lot of games. They haven't gelled yet...and they may not. We'll just have to see.

I'm talking about talent, not what we get.  In 2000....we had a few almost-has beens or one-hit wonders....Mike Sirotka had a huge year....hasn't thrown a pitch in the majors since.  Jim Parque had a huge year...he's had an ERA of about 7.50 or so since 2000.  Cal Eldred was good for half a year....then got injured....got "healthy"...and got injured again.  James Baldwin...had a killer year.....and has done very, very little since then....and is now in the KC minor league system.  Both Kipper and Jon were s***ty.  The two reasons we were so successful in 2000 was a great bullpen and timely hitting. 

This year's bullpen could be just as good, if not better than the 2000 bullpen....and if we can get some timely hitting....we'd be a damn good team. 

2000 was something special...this year could be special too.  I do realize that this team is not looking good right now....but, this is the time to jump up in the standings.  The Royals will come down to earth eventually...and the Twins are down, or atleast, were down until last night.  I also realize that a manager change me be necessary. 

As I said above....I'm talking strictly about talent....and not what we get on the field.  Last year, we had the more talented team between us and Minnesota....but they kicked the s*** out of us because we underachieved and they overachieved...or atleast did what they needed to do.  This year....we have one of the more talented teams in the majors....but we've gotten a very poor product thus far.  If this team can gel and click and what not else they need to do....they can win a lot of games.  They haven't gelled yet...and they may not.  We'll just have to see.

I totally disagree. And so does the sox record, by the way. :D