It's destiny

Jake

After seeing this tonight, the walk off bomb in the recreation of '59 series, I was pretty sure. And now, as I realize I'm drinking an A&W root beer that says "since 1919" I am now positive. Let's go sox! Let's put those bastards (Minnesota and Cleveland) away!! :finger

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4:

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
I'm with you. I was getting pumped up for this game all day. I haven't sat down and watched an entire game since the Cubs series. I just knew something special was going to happen tonight. Wow is all that I can say.

Man I missed what looks like it was the game of the season. :crying

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
Man I missed what looks like it was the game of the season. :crying

That was the most exciting game at USCF since Frank took Guardado deep to win the game in 2003. I think the Jose Paniagua era began and ended the next night or the night after that. The ninth inning was as wild as I have ever seen the park. Little old ladies with canes were high fiving everyone. As the Diceman once said,"Its unbelievable."

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Isn't 6.5 the largest lead we've had all year? If we can somehow get it to 9 or 10 by the break I think you could bank the division. We have such an easy schedule this month....we gotta take advantage of it.

I think we were up 7 at one point but that doesn't matter now. This team has all the heart of the 2000 team but with better pitching and more balance.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
I think we were up 7 at one point but that doesn't matter now.  This team has all the heart of the 2000 team but with better pitching and more balance.

Amen. I just read through the game thread to get a feel for what happened (I wasn't home) and you would think some people's damn dog died.

If you don't like this team then f***ing stop watching them.

But you're going to miss a hell of a ride (we all hope).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Amen.  I just read through the game thread to get a feel for what happened (I wasn't home) and you would think some people's damn dog died. 

If you don't like this team then f***ing stop watching them.

But you're going to miss a hell of a ride (we all hope).

Up until the end the game really REALLY sucked balls. But thats why you never shut off the game before its over.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Especially with this team. They always seem to have in their head being in a game. The only exception I can think of is the game I was at with Garland pitching against the Rangers. That was the only time I have seen them hang their head all year.

I saw it on WGN. It was great. What more can you say that hasn't already been said, but these guys never seem ready to give up. Garcia didn't have squat the first 2 innings, but still kept battling and with 2 outs the Sox score 4 runs. There isn't anyone on this squad that I would trade and I mean that.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
That was the most exciting game at USCF since Frank took Guardado deep to win the game in 2003. I think the Jose Paniagua era began and ended the next night or the night after that. The ninth inning was as wild as I have ever seen the park. Little old ladies with canes were high fiving everyone. As the Diceman once said,"Its unbelievable."

I missed todays game (f***ing work) though I did tivo it. What makes up for it is that I was at that game in 2003, I'll never forget it. Konerko was struggling so bad at the time. It was crazy Carl and Robbie's first games as White Sox as well. Koch pitched the 11th and the 12th. He gave up the go ahead run in the top of the 11th. Then in the bottom of the 11th Konerko (who was horrible at the time) pinch hit for Daubach, the crowd was chanting Paulee, Paulee. He then proceeded to hit a bomb to left center. The crowd went absolutely ape s***. Koch worked a good top of the 12th not surendering a run. Then in the bottom of the 12 Robbie Alomar came up and just missed a HR down the left field line, just foul, he tehn walked. Frank Thomas came to the plate after I believe Tony G. made an out. Frank hit an absolute bomb to left field, the f***ing ball was a mile in the air. The crowd (which I think was around 20,000) was louder than I have ever heard a crowd. By far the best game I have ever attended.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
I missed todays game (f***ing work) though I did tivo it. What makes up for it is that I was at that game in 2003, I'll never forget it. Konerko was struggling so bad at the time. It was crazy Carl and Robbie's first games as White Sox as well. Koch pitched the 11th and the 12th. He gave up the go ahead run in the top of the 11th. Then in the bottom of the 11th Konerko (who was horrible at the time) pinch hit for Daubach, the crowd was chanting Paulee, Paulee. He then proceeded to hit a bomb to left center. The crowd went absolutely ape s***. Koch worked a good top of the 12th not surendering a run. Then in the bottom of the 12 Robbie Alomar came up and just missed a HR down the left field line, just foul, he tehn walked. Frank Thomas came to the plate after I believe Tony G. made an out. Frank hit an absolute bomb to left field, the f***ing ball was a mile in the air. The crowd (which I think was around 20,000) was louder than I have ever heard a crowd. By far the best game I have ever attended.

There is a blast from the past. :gosox3:

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
I'm with you. I was getting pumped up for this game all day. I haven't sat down and watched an entire game since the Cubs series. I just knew something special was going to happen tonight. Wow is all that I can say.

Sweet Avatar. I listend to AJ's walk off on the radio.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
Especially with this team.  They always seem to have in their head being in a game.  The only exception I can think of is the game I was at with Garland pitching against the Rangers.  That was the only time I have seen them hang their head all year.

I was fortunate to be in attendance for that one as well. I kept expecting Mench's HR to hook foul. :angry:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 04:02 AM)

I was also at that game. And boy was it a memorable one. Remember my fellow fans- it pays to stay for the WHOLE game- about half the crowd left when Koch gave up the run in the 9th, but sure enough they tied it- and won in Extra innings.

That was by far Frank's biggest homer of his career. Hopefully we will see a bigger home run this year.

Two games prior to that I was at the Cubs Sox game when Jose Valentin hit that walk off homerun to win it. Attending two straight walk-off homerun games was sweet as hell.

And this year I went to two straight games when they won on the winning hit.

5/30 vs LAA on Timos winning hit &

5/31 vs LAA on Dye's walk off homer.

I've gone to many memorable games in my life- but this year just feels very special- everything just seems to be fitting into place. Watching last nites game on tv gave me goosebumps- just when i thought the game was over- Carl comes up big, Aaron comes up bigger, and A.J. comes up HUGE! 2005 White Sox = The Sweetest thing! :gosox1:

This the problem, we think were destined. Nobodies destined. The Red Sox werent destined last year (they bought a WS), the Marlins werent destined, nobody has ever earned it in June.

It's earned in October, and while this is a great sign that the no-quit attitude really has caught on it's still one game. It's another in the W column and it helps get us a chance at October (looks pretty good now though I must say.)

But teams who think they're destined lose, always. They think things will fall into place, they think the luck that they have carried with them all these games will just keep going. Luck isnt random, it's earned. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity, and right now were facing an easy schedule with an awesome group of ballplayers. We are looking elite, but there are teams who have prepared, and 3 others from the AL will get the opportunity.

It all comes down to the intangibles and the heart. Two things we better have come Ocbotber.