White Sox vs Dodgers 6/19/05 Game Thread

YASNY

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
Am I missing something?

It's 0-0, right?

Yep. But there are people here ready to kill themselves if we don't score every inning and say it's "corpseball", even if we are 23 games over .500.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Yes, but the offense looks bad so far.

Fine, you said we're getting dominated. It's a tie game.

And so what, it's three friggin innings. Give me a f***ing break.

EDIT: And don't give me this, "I told you so" bulls*** if LA scores. Weaver has had some pretty good stuff going early on. Oh well, there's still 2/3rds of a game left.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
Fine, you said we're getting dominated.  It's a tie game.

And so what, it's three friggin innings.  Give me a f***ing break.

OK, sorry. The offense is getting dominated so far by their crappy pitcher, their crappy pitcher is not dominating our pitching.

Yep. But there are people here ready to kill themselves if we don't score every inning and say it's "corpseball", even if we are 23 games over .500.

Even if they are 23 games over .500, the offense has looked pretty bad. Just like last night against Dessens. 3 hits off of Dessens?

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
There's way overblown negativity, and then there's fathom.  :)

Thanks Jackie. Hell, I had to stop myself from complaining about Pods defense again, as I figured the Sox golden boy would get another free pass from my fellow Sox fans. All I was saying was that it sure seems like Pods takes a ton of called 3rd strikes. Jimenez had 59 of them last year, I do know that for a fact.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
Yes, but the offense looks bad so far.

I'm sorry...but my platoon system entails Dye and Everett....NOT Carl and Frank!!! That's bulls*** IMO!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
Contreras just got screwed on the 2-2 pitch to Kent.  That pitch had been called a strike the entire game.

Yup. Weaver is getting the outside corner and then some.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
I'm sorry...but my platoon system entails Dye and Everett....NOT Carl and Frank!!!  That's bulls*** IMO!

I'll be more than happy if we can get Frank to play 2 out of every 3 games in a series.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
Thanks Jackie.  Hell, I had to stop myself from complaining about Pods defense again, as I figured the Sox golden boy would get another free pass from my fellow Sox fans.  All I was saying was that it sure seems like Pods takes a ton of called 3rd strikes.  Jimenez had 59 of them last year, I do know that for a fact.

Eh, I'm just pulling yr chain. Complaining about Pods strike outs, when he's been so much better w/ walks and ks than we could've expected, just kinda struck me as funny. So very fathom.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
It's the 4th inning.  How about stepping off the ledge until the game is over.

Nope, we're losing 1-0 in the 4th inning. It's over. Corpseball! Tribe will over take us in a few weeks. Back up the truck!