White Sox vs Dodgers 6/19/05 Game Thread

YASNY

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
It's the 4th inning.  How about stepping off the ledge until the game is over.

I haven't said anything negative about the Sox offense tonight so far. I know it's still early in the game, but we need to pick it up. I didn't see the game last night, but I can't believe we didn't get more hits against Dessens.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
Nope, we're losing 1-0 in the 4th inning. It's over. Corpseball! Tribe will over take us in a few weeks. Back up the truck!

:lol: I love you Brian.

By the way, after seeing the new Batman I love your sig even more.

Edited by SoxFanForever

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
You're right, fathom. The season is over.... 45-117 here we come.

Wow, considering I just joined in on this thread about 10 minutes ago, I don't understand why this has turned into everyone against me? The thing that has bothered me the most in this game so far was the missed 2-2 pitch on Kent. Not the Sox hitting or anything else...yet.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
JReedfan (sorry, had the urge to bring up Reed  :D ), the chat link is in the top right corner of the screen, just below the banner.

Ah thanks CWS. BTW it's been a while. :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
Wow, considering I just joined in on this thread about 10 minutes ago, I don't understand why this has turned into everyone against me?  The thing that has bothered me the most in this game so far was the missed 2-2 pitch on Kent.  Not the Sox hitting or anything else...yet.

Not meaning to dump on you fathom. Just seeing all the doom and gloom about corpseball after 3 innings I thought you were a part of that complaining. Not dumping on you specifically. It's just when people incessently b**** about our offense early in the game when we have been great all season makes no sense to me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Wow, considering I just joined in on this thread about 10 minutes ago, I don't understand why this has turned into everyone against me?  The thing that has bothered me the most in this game so far was the missed 2-2 pitch on Kent.  Not the Sox hitting or anything else...yet.

Saw your name mentioned, I dont really look to see whos b****ing all the time. Sorry.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
It was a really nice play.  He still can't hit for s*** though.  .226 AVG now. :puke

'Cause he's slumping now? It's pretty easy to kick a guy when he's down, and Harris is clearly "down" at the plate right now. I'm pretty confident that if given the AB's he's been getting over the course of the season, he'll get that OBP back up to league average.

I'm very impressed by Konerko's .360+ OBP. Keep on walking, PK. And if you don't walk, hit homers.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
Same topic, but a different guy anyway.  Last inning was Milken, this is Gretzky.

My fault. Just hoping they would start calling the game soon. Don't wanna listen to Morgan.

'Cause he's slumping now?  It's pretty easy to kick a guy when he's down, and Harris is clearly "down" at the plate right now.  I'm pretty confident that if given the AB's he's been getting over the course of the season, he'll get that OBP back up to league average.

What's Willie's career AVG? LOL.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
CORPSEBALL!!!

3 game win streak, best record in baseball, no long losing streaks all year. I'd like to think you are more intelligent than this, Jabroni.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
It was a really nice play.  He still can't hit for s*** though.  .226 AVG now. :puke

60-odd abs. If a starter had a .220 avg after only a few weeks, noone would make anything of it, especially if it was just a slump for a week or so that pulled the avg down.