White Sox vs Dodgers 6/19/05 Game Thread

YASNY

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
He f***ing picked the ball a foot off the base without streching dont you watch the f***ing game?

I was thinking the same thing. Bad play on both ends.

Luckily, Harris did well with a huge basehit and a huge bunt. Real nice job filling in for Iguchi today.

EDIT: And I doubt Iguchi even gets to that ball. "Past a diving Iguchi"...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
I watched it and he couldn't have caught the ball and tagged the bag at the same time.  The throw was off too far.  And yes, I watch the game, son.

Haha ok sir whatever fits your Willie sucks argument.

PK picked the ball with his feet together, a foot from the base. You mean to tell me his foot wasnt within reaching distance of the bag.

Oh well I don't give a f***

7.5 UP!

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
The important thing is that neither Willie's bad play nor Ozuna's nearly-insufficient-to-get-back-to-2nd hustle did cost us the game.  At least, that should be the important thing.  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :gosoxretro:  :gosoxretro:

the important thing is that we are 7.5 games ahead

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
The White Sox win a nationally broadcast game. This really might be the year.

2 wins on espn this season woooooooooooooooooooooow lol. looking at the schedule july10th is real possible for a sunday nighter and as well as july24th vs the red saux. why july10 because espn likes to be close to the all star game city for monday nights home run derby.

Reading through these game threads can be sickening at times. Jabroni, when the hell are you going to learn this team doesn't play corpseball they're the best team in the league for a reason. The team hits when it counts, period. Anyways, I love this team.

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
2 wins on espn this season woooooooooooooooooooooow lol. looking at the schedule july10th is real possible for a sunday nighter and as well as july24th vs the red saux. why july10 because espn likes to be close to the all star game city for monday nights home run derby.

The Sox won 2 games nationally... :cheers.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Reading through these game threads can be sickening at times.  Jabroni, when the hell are you going to learn this team doesn't play corpseball they're the best team in the league for a reason.  The team hits when it counts, period.  Anyways,  I love this team.

It will always be corpseball, no matter what.

Reading through these game threads can be sickening at times.  Jabroni, when the hell are you going to learn this team doesn't play corpseball they're the best team in the league for a reason.  The team hits when it counts, period.  Anyways,  I love this team.

We won because of a bad call by the ump (the Podsednik safe call). Your point still has some validity to it though.

Edited by Jabroni

You can make all the arguments you want about .AVG and OBP but these are the simple facts

1) The Sox are getting great pitching, something they haven't had consistently for a long time.

2) The Sox have a bullpen that can keep them alive in close games like the Twins, when they're on.

3) The Sox have a wonderful record in 1 run games.

4) We have been great at clutch hitting all year.

5) We have wanted to beat the Twins for years now. We are finally playing the way they have for years, and people are still complaining.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
We won because of a bad call by the ump (the Podsednik safe call).  Your point still has some validity to it though.

No, not necessarily, if that call isn't blown the game is still tied, no??