Player I like to see KW go out and get

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
We would have money too spend next season when Konerko leaves thats 8M save  next Everett will be gone next season thats another 4 M save. Frank might be gone so that is another 8-10M save..

Thats 20M for KW to spend next year

Keep Konerko, Keep Thomas!!!

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
Helton is 32

Konerko is 29

Helton makes more money more then Konerko!

The last thing i want to have is an overpaid vetran who is past his prime.

well 3 years and about 50 points difference in average. if there was any way this could happen, it would be great. but Helton doesn't want to go anywhere, he wants to win in Colorado. and the money argument sucks, if we spend an extra $10M and win more, why not do it? too bad Helton's not going anywhere.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
PK lifetime stats 276Avg 187 Hr's 639 Rbi's 4 Sb's

TH lifetime stats 334Avg 257Hr's 862Rbis's 31 Sb's

pk

avg=.277

rbi=96

hr=41

helton

avg=.341

rbi=96

hr=32

Who played in Coors?

This year Paulie had 11 more homeruns then Helton and 21 more rbi's and paulie hase been struggling.

All Helton is is an overpaid old ventran who is past his prime.

If I were KW I would give Konerko a 3 year contract after this year.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
If you asked all the GMS in baseball who they rather have I bet my house on it they would rather have Helton over PK

Age is big deal nowadays. Go have a look at the yankees.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)

pk

avg=.277

rbi=96

hr=41

helton

avg=.341

rbi=96

hr=32

Who played in Coors?

This year Paulie had 11 more homeruns then Helton and 21 more rbi's and paulie hase been struggling.

All Helton is is an overpaid old ventran who is past his prime.

If I were KW I would give Konerko a 3 year contract after this year.

last year Helton hit .326 on the road, and the past 3 years Helton's away average is .310, so there goes the Coors argument. he's also a gold-glove quality first baseman. Helton has nobody in his lineup to drive in, plus he's been struggling. so Helton is not an overpaid old veteran past his prime. he's also not coming to Chicago.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
last year Helton hit .326 on the road, and the past 3 years Helton's away average is .310, so there goes the Coors argument.  he's also a gold-glove quality first baseman.  Helton has nobody in his lineup to drive in, plus he's been struggling.  so Helton is not an overpaid old veteran past his prime.  he's also not coming to Chicago.

Im talking about homeruns. Helton and Konerko are differnt types of baseball hitters. Helton hits for average and Konerko hits for power.

I don't think you have any idea how BIG a contract Todd Helton has. Prior to the 2001 season he signed a $151M/11 yr deal with the Rockies. The annual avg of that deal is $13.72M. His salary in the 5th yr of this deal is $12.6M. Since the good majority of these mega deals are back loaded it's likely that after this year there still remains $90M/6 yr left to pay.

That's $15M/yr or 20% of this team's payroll. No thank you. $11M might be reasonable. If the Rockies are willing to eat $24M on the contract then ok.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
Helton is 32

Konerko is 29

Helton makes more money more then Konerko!

The last thing i want to have is an overpaid vetran who is past his prime.

I don't believe that Helton is overpaid. He deserves everything he gets. Even though he might have the Coors effect to his advantage 82 games a year, he is still one damn good hitter.