Crede vs. Ventura

Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
No, Konerko has developed a batting eye. He's already walked more this season than Crede ever has in a single season.

He's quietly putting up a fine season.

I don't know. The point I made really has worn down a bit since Frank has come back, because that's helped Kong a lot. However before that, it really seemed he was a home run or nothing guy. It was getting tired.

I don't think this team needs a Robin Ventura right now. We have guys that can provide power.

What this team needs is a Herbert Perry. Can you imagine what this chemistry-based, clutch-driven team would be like if we had the 2000 version of the Milkman out there? Good god, we'd be unstoppable.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
Just a note on Crede -- not that I'm a huge fan of his, but...

Crede's OPS - .730.

Vinny Castilla's OPS - .739.

Where have all the Castilla fans gone?

:lol:

That was as good of time as any to post those numbers.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
I don't think this team needs a Robin Ventura right now. We have guys that can provide power.

What this team needs is a Herbert Perry. Can you imagine what this chemistry-based, clutch-driven team would be like if we had the 2000 version of the Milkman out there? Good god, we'd be unstoppable.

I say this in all heterosexuality, but I now :wub: you for saying that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
Just a note on Crede -- not that I'm a huge fan of his, but...

Crede's OPS - .730.

Vinny Castilla's OPS - .739.

Where have all the Castilla fans gone?

I haven't been here very long, but who are all these Castilla fans? I've only seen one guy constantly bringing him up.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Horray for one dimensional players.

What have you done for me lately?  Oh yeah, hit .235 w/ RISP and .171 w/ RISp and 2 outs

Ok, How about 17 Hrs and 47 RBI's and we're only 67 games into the season. He's set to outpace his stats from last season and thats after a really bad month of May and you're complaining.

Look elsewhere for things to complain about. Kong is not it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
I haven't been here very long, but who are all these Castilla fans?  I've only seen one guy constantly bringing him up.

I dunno, about a month ago or so, there was a pretty decent sized contingent of people wanting to give up a B level prospect for Castilla...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Horray for one dimensional players.

What have you done for me lately?  Oh yeah, hit .235 w/ RISP and .171 w/ RISp and 2 outs

Well lately he has been very good with runners in scoring position. In

He is a very good hitter and I am glad we have him. I think with him beginning to take so many more walks than ever before he will end up with the best numbers of his career. Quite an accomplishment because he was really having problems with his swing early in the year.

As for Crede and Ventura, well Ventura is a boarderline all-star caliber player and Crede is an average to below starting 3B. There is no comparison there. One thing to remember hitting 20-25 HRs when Ventura was a Sox is a better season than it is to hit 20-25 now. I think Robin was better in all phases of the game to be honest.

And to be honest I like Crede and I hope he will improve and develop into a fine player in Chicago.