Revovations?

CubsSuck1

Just a minute ago on ESPN, they were giving some random stats on the Cell, and one of these "facts" stated that the ballpark would be renovated for Opening Day 2006. Any further info on this? I thought they were done except for the green seats... maybe not?

I think the green seats are the extent of it, just, filling the whole stadium with 'em rather than just the few parts here and there around the stadium.

Weren't they also supposed to build a type of restaurant behind home plate? Maybe they already did it, or maybe I'm just thinking of something else?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
I think the green seats are the extent of it, just, filling the whole stadium with 'em rather than just the few parts here and there around the stadium.

Weren't they also supposed to build a type of restaurant behind home plate?  Maybe they already did it, or maybe I'm just thinking of something else?

I'm not sure. I don't think they would point this out if the only change made would be finishing the seats...

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
Why haven't any more green seats been installed? I thought they were going to do it on long road trips this year.

If you get to the park early, you can see there are spots of green seats being put in, especially behind home plate. I thought it would look akward, but since there have been big crowds, you can't tell.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
If you get to the park early, you can see there are spots of green seats being put in, especially behind home plate. I thought it would look akward, but since there have been big crowds, you can't tell.

The green seats around the scout seats are just put in because they had to pull the blue ones to get in their for construction IIRC.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
wow that really sucks, I loved when they were on WGN so much better quality

Argh...

No, ESPN was misleading you..

The Sox used to be on WGN all the time back in the day, but they decided to move their games to a new channel. Which ended up not being a wise move. This is what they we're talking about.

You can still watch them on WGN.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
They've also said that the Sox arent on WGN TV anymore.

They were referring to how the Sox were the main team on WGN way back when an Veeck (or whoever it was) ended up pulling them and putting them on some other station (UHF or something) and than of course Jerry bought the team and put them on cablevision (I think thats what it was called, which was a precursor to pay-per-view) and thas is when Harray left.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
Argh...

The Sox used to be on WGN all the time back in the day, but they decided to move their games to a new channel.  Which ended up not being a wise move. This is what they we're talking about.

They obviously read the article in the suntimes today. I disected the entire suntimes while on the almost 4 hr plane flight home :lol:

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
They were never the main team on WGN. Both teams got equal play on WGN.

My bad, didn't word it right, but it was evenly based and than when the Sox moved to UHF, the Cubs upped there numbers (Basically replacing the # of Sox games) and then WGN became the superstation (nationally) and the rest is history.

Regardless, the past is the past, and this is now....Sox got the best record in baseball, a good complete team, and if they play good baseball, they'll do alright. Just take it one day at a time :)

I remember rabbit ears and channel 44, then sportsvision which was a pay over the air subscription service that was easily stolen via "black boxes".

Those decisions are being felt today when we are tens of thousands per game behind the Cubs in attendance.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
Argh...

The Sox used to be on WGN all the time back in the day, but they decided to move their games to a new channel.  Which ended up not being a wise move. This is what they we're talking about.

I was just going to say the same thing. I just watched them win that Saturday come from behind wonderful ballgame on WGN. Of course I satyed for ESPN Sunday Night Baseball too. Another beautiful game.

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 06:14 AM)
Aren't a lot of the Braves' games on TNT or something like that? Whoever made that deal was prolly smart, they are good and have been for a while.

Ted Turner owns the Braves.....Ted Turner owns Turner Network Television (TNT)

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
Ted Turner owns the Braves.....Ted Turner owns Turner Network Television (TNT)

The braves play on TBS. Most likely it stands for " Turner Broadcasting Station"

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
I remember rabbit ears and channel 44, then sportsvision which was a pay over the air subscription service that was easily stolen via "black boxes".

Those decisions are being felt today when we are tens of thousands per game behind the Cubs in attendance.

ON TV.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 06:57 AM)
Yeah, they could be on TNT too if he wanted considering he owns them both.

He doesn't own them anymore. Ted sold all of Turner Broadcasting including The Braves and The Hawks years ago to Time-Warner,which was then bought by AOL.

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
He doesn't own them anymore. Ted sold all of Turner Broadcasting including The Braves and The Hawks years ago to Time-Warner,which was then bought by AOL.

I never knew about that. Then why would they keep playing the Braves nationally instead of locally?