Revovations?

CubsSuck1

Merged is the better term. Time Warner has since gained control of the company after the suits hit the fan against the AOL board members. Rumors continue to circulate that TW will spin off AOL as a separate tracking stock & company in the near future.

As for the renovations I'm assuming they are referring to the green seats as well. ESPN does not have good attention to detail when it comes to this team. Someone probably heard they were still doing renovations & that's what they went with. Of course when it is all green it's going to have a major impact on the way the park looks both on TV & at the Cell. I would call that a major change & one that is long overdue.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
I never knew about that. Then why would they keep playing the Braves nationally instead of locally?

For the same reason that the Tribune Company broadcasts Cubs games nationally. There is a move to make more Braves telecasts regional as a bunch of them are now on Turner South.

That's a little presumptuous though. When Turner sold his media empire to TW (everything including news, radio, networks, studio's, etc.) he did retain some control over it. Enough to where people still loyal to him have a major say in how his companies are run.

Over-time there have been changes but as long as Ted is alive & kicking the Braves will remain playing on TBS. TBS is available in more households than TNT so it still remains a big deal.