GoGOGoGo White Sox

Chisoxfn

I'm assuming this was the song they used to play back in the olden days for the Sox. Anyway, I don't know what the rest of you at the series thought but I freaking love the song. Personally I think they should make it a part of the game, use it late in games as a semi rally builder.

I'm probably crazy with this, but I grew up listening to the Dodgers game and they always start of the radiocast with Its a beautiful day for a ball game (The Song) and for my dad and even me (I'm not even a Dodger fan) hearing that song pumps me up (especially when it signals the start of the season).

The Sox should so start using this more.

End of randomass rant :)

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
I definately think that they should use it during the games.

It seemed like our whole section was doing the go go chant during the 8th and 9th inning. It was awesome.

Boz didn't like it at first, but I think he was getting into it later in the game. I was going nuts when they were playing late in the game. Its just so darn catchy. Plus it brings back some history to the club.

I just think it would be awesome to make it a mainstay at the park.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
I'm planning on sending Brooks an email (as if he hasn't heard from enough people already, lol).

Ha that'd be awesome. It's not confirmed that I'll be at the July 23rd (Saturday game) against Boston. I'd love to be hearing that song.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
Hey Jason, where'd you get such a good copy of this?

I downloaded it off limewire. Although I googled it too and saw WSI had a cool page with other songs which I've been listening too. WSI also has a really good copy of the song (I'm assuming its the exact same copy as the one I downloaded off of limewire).

Here's the link to that WSI Page

I love the song; I heard it for the first time Saturday at the game, and it hasn't left my head since, but I'd be saddened if it lost its specialness by being used in every single game.

One of these days, they'll play it after a meaningless win or before a 9th inning in which the Sox fail to come back, and it will just cease to be special.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
They should get some live performances in there.  They really had the song working during this Dodger series and I think it would be great after every Sox winner.

Ya, it was awesome. I told boz at one point in the game that the Song would help spark the comeback against Brazoban (well something along those lines). Lucky for you guys it did, otherwise I'd be blaming you for a loss on Saturday :lol:

It was cool meeting you and asshat. I did love calling his cell going hey asshat :)

You hit the nail on the head...this song rocks and needs to be brought back. I've been singing it for 4 days in a row...and I had never heard it until friday...

It should be part of games, it should be sold along with other 'Sox songs' via Comiskey...you could have Nancy doing Take Me Out...Na Na Na Nah...hawkisms...all kind of cool stuff. There is a bunch of similar stuff on White Sox Interactive.

I have put the song on a CD and I am putting it in one of my bar jukeboxes. Its pretty much a Sox bar and it would be great. I play on doing that SOON! Go Go White Sox.