Dumb things

GASHWOUND

Just wondering what the most dumbest and most expensive thing you've bought with your own money? You used it for 2 days and just collects dust..

ME? I bought these 100 buck 2-way radios like 5 months ago..I don't know why..with 7 mile range and s*** and I've used them approximately twice in that time span..they just sit in my drawer..doing nothing..

Other things I've bought that cost some dime and just collect dust...

$75 buck binoculars I bought last year..used them like 4 times

I upgraded my graphics card..I bought ATI Radeon 9800 Pro for like $170 for just in case i start maybe playing computer games..nope, I haven't played a computer game since like Jan..so basically I have a high-end graphics card to browse the Internet..I can name a ton of stuff that I've bought..$15 bucks here, 20 there of junk i don't use..its pathetic... :bang

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 04:39 AM)
Just wondering what the most dumbest and most expensive thing you've bought with your own money? You used it for 2 days and just collects dust..

ME? I bought these 100 buck 2-way radios like 5 months ago..I don't know why..with 7 mile range and s*** and I've used them approximately twice in that time span..they just sit in my drawer..doing nothing..

Other things I've bought that cost some dime and just collect dust...

$75 buck binoculars I bought last year..used them like 4 times

I upgraded my graphics card..I bought ATI Radeon 9800 Pro for like $170 for just in case i start maybe playing computer games..nope, I haven't played a computer game since like Jan..so basically I have a high-end graphics card to browse the Internet..I can name a ton of stuff that I've bought..$15 bucks here, 20 there of junk i don't use..its pathetic... :bang

I bought a $250 SLam Man. I used to box, and thought it would get me back into shape, and take out some aggression as well. After about a week, I tore my rotator cuff, and never used it again. I put my dirty shirts on it until I can take them to the laundry. Looks kinda creepy at night.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
I have a lot of Sox hats that I buy and rarely wear.  I always go back to my fall back hats, old school  Sox hat, my Bears hat, and my Barons hat.

I also waste alot of money on hats. I only where my sox hat, illini hat, and notre dame hat.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
I bought a $250 SLam Man.  I used to box, and thought it would get me back into shape, and take out some aggression as well.  After about a week, I tore my rotator cuff, and never used it again.  I put my dirty shirts on it until I can take them to the laundry.  Looks kinda creepy at night.

Is that like a punching bag? I have a this old ass punching bag from the 70s..it weighs like 200 pounds..I have it in storge..Its ugly..

I have boxing gloves from like 5 years ago that i got as a gift..they collect dust too

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
I have a lot of Sox hats that I buy and rarely wear.  I always go back to my fall back hats, old school  Sox hat, my Bears hat, and my Barons hat.

I have 6 total hats..3 sox hats..but I usually wear just the one all balc one with the classic SOX logo on the front... I did spurge on 3 authentic SOX jerseys, but i wear all of them..i better..their expensive as hell those jerseys :bang

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
Shoes. I probably have at least 30 pairs.  And I probably only have 5 or 6 pairs in my regular rotation.....

But I only buy them on Clearance less than $20.

Oh my god....you hit a spot with me. My girlfriend lives with 3 other girls and below their staircase they keep all their shoes. It must be a pad about 10 by 10 stacked 3 rows high. Never in my life have I seen so many damn shoes.

I was in shock....could you imagine how high of a shoe building all the women in the world could build if they simply stacked all their shoes on top of one another.

Ya, totally random thought, but it just goes great with my 1 pair of shoes (for a suit) my pair of dress shoes (to wear with jeans or slacks...non suit), my pair of sandals (rainbows rule), my pair of basketball shoes, and than my tennis shoes (for everyday wear).

All this talk about shoes reminds me of that South Park metrosexual episode. God that was great how pissed off Mr. Garrison gets :lol:

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 04:53 AM)
Shoes. I probably have at least 30 pairs.  And I probably only have 5 or 6 pairs in my regular rotation.....

if you had said you had less than 30 pairs, I'd be wondering if you were really female.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
Oh my god....you hit a spot with me.  My girlfriend lives with 3 other girls and below their staircase they keep all their shoes.  It must be a pad about 10 by 10 stacked 3 rows high.  Never in my life have I seen so many damn shoes. 

It's an addiction, what can I say? I should have Zappos blocked from my internet. I order from them so much they upgrade my shipping to overnight for free.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

As a result, though, if you ever need to know a good quality footwear company, I'm your girl to ask....

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)

I bought one pair of expensive shoes that i don't wear..these red low tops...I usually just wear my black low tops...

basically i have 2 pair of basketball shoes, 2 pair of my going out shoes(the low tops) and dress shoes..

When i waste money its on crappy gadgets..and renting movies..I could probably get a Mercedes with all the money I saved from not renting

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 04:56 AM)
Oh my god....you hit a spot with me.  My girlfriend lives with 3 other girls and below their staircase they keep all their shoes.  It must be a pad about 10 by 10 stacked 3 rows high.  Never in my life have I seen so many damn shoes. 

I was in shock....could you imagine how high of a shoe building all the women in the world could build if they simply stacked all their shoes on top of one another. 

Ya, totally random thought, but it just goes great with my 1 pair of shoes (for a suit) my pair of dress shoes (to wear with jeans or slacks...non suit), my pair of sandals (rainbows rule), my pair of basketball shoes, and than my tennis shoes (for everyday wear).

All this talk about shoes reminds me of that South Park metrosexual episode.  God that was great how pissed off Mr. Garrison gets :lol:

When I was 19, I had a job selling women's shoes. Women in a shoe store are like hungry, wild animals looking for food. Savages.

I bought brand new catchers equipment last summer, a week later tore a muscle in my shoulder and have since re-torn it twice, haven't caught since then.

Bought a new baseball bat late last summer, played in a wooden bat fall league and now I use my friends deuce this summer.

I've bought a few movies that I have never watched, what a waste of money. Same thing with some video games, but I'd at least play the game a few times.

Hmmm that's actually a tough one, since I'm a pretty conserative person and really don't splurge on many things and I save my money. I bought some XBOX games a couple of months ago that I haven't had much time to play so yeah. But I'm definitely going to splurge on a Sox jersey while I'm over in the States........ if I can find one. :ph34r:

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 04:48 AM)
Is that like a punching bag?  I have a this old ass punching bag from the 70s..it weighs like 200 pounds..I have it in storge..Its ugly..

I have boxing gloves from like 5 years ago that i got as a gift..they collect dust too

Yeah, sort of. More like a punching dummy. It Has a face and torso with lights for the eyes, mouth and in several spots on the chest. In the dark, it looks like a person. It stands about 6ft tall and is filed with about 200 lbs of sand. You hit is, it gives enough so you don't break anything, but it isn't falling over. There are 'programs' so when you turn it on, the lights light up and that is where you are supposed to hit the dummy. Some are a preset pattern, some are random. It's kinda fun, actually, but I can't do that motion with my right arm anymore. After about 4 or 5 punches, I can't move my shoulder.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)

All this talk about shoes reminds me of that South Park metrosexual episode.  God that was great how pissed off Mr. Garrison gets :lol:

A shoe building? Jason, are you on drugs? Who thinks of something like that? :lol:

While I am a chick, shoes don't do anythinf for me - but when it comes to shoes, the soles have to have detached from the shoe before I will throw them away. I bought a pair of gym shoes about 6 months ago but I still have the old pair that I replaced them with (I use them when I go to the junk yard with Brian).

When it comes to spending money on stuff that just sits there it would be either candles or hamsters. I also have a habit of buying action figures. While I will display them, all they do is sit there and get dusty (Nosfaratu (sp?), Lon Chaney's Phantom of the Opera, etc).

Just kidding on the hamsters lol.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
I waste the most money when I go out barhopping.  Pitchers, tips, music -- drains the wallet so damn fast.  But it is good times so I dunno if it is a total waste of money.

I'm a bartender, so I have two things here. First, I could've written this. Second, of course it's not a total waste of money -- you have your hangovers to prove it!

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
I'm a bartender, so I have two things here.  First, I could've written this.  Second, of course it's not a total waste of money -- you have your hangovers to prove it!

Yeah -- but the bars here in Urbana...the people get all uppity whenever I play "Family Tradition" (some of them actually whine that any country or non-top 40 is getting played) And this is at the good bars where I usually go to enjoy a few beers and the pub experience instead of lame techno/trance dancing which has invaded too many bars here. So sometimes drinking seems to be a chore instead of a lot of fun because of idiots at the bar.