White Sox vs Buddy Bell's Royals 06/20/05

sox-r-us

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember this: Garland had better numbers in the minors than McCarthy -- and at a higher level.

Look how long it took him to figure it out.

BMac has ability, but a year ago this time he was pitching at Class A ball.

He needs about 150-200 innings of seasoning in the minors.

he ain't the answer for a pennant race.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
His stuff was the best he's had but his control just wasn't there tonight.  I still think Brandon is going to be special but just not yet.

If that's his best "stuff," different from control, I know, He's in big trouble.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
ABSOLUTELY.  no way he should be cheered.  cheering is an endorsement of his failure.

you are by far, the worse white sox fan i have ever seen.

This young kid comes up to fill in for an injury.

Are you expecting a cy young? he's 21 years old, yeah let's boo him, that will surely help him.

As i've said before, you're a joke.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
That would have been an incredible catch.  You know McCarthy blows when people are whining the ump should have called the 3rd strike on Stairs (pitch wasn't close) or Pods should have made a great catch.  Cotts should have been in to face Stairs, but we tried to get him the win.

Thats why I said average. He get the worse jump on balls hit out there. The 1st hit of this inning was catchable. My seats are out there and I watch him all the time. Ball hit to left field,he takes two steps back when it is in front of him. Rowand get the best jump!

So let me get this straight:  Against the Cubs, Ozzie is extremely quick with the McCarthy hook.  Yet tonight, he was way, way too patient.

Stop.

You have to give him a chance to work out of some jams. They still have the lead, he was one pitch away from getting out of it. The manager showed confidence in a young starting pitcher. He will not get better unless he gets a chance to face tough hitters in tough situations. This is the big leagues, Guillen can't baby this guy.

Further, they need to know damn fast what he can do and what he can't.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Stop.

You have to give him a chance to work out of some jams.  They still have the lead, he was one pitch away from getting out of it.  The manager showed confidence in a young starting pitcher.  He will not get better unless he gets a chance to face tough hitters in tough situations.  This is the big leagues, Guillen can't baby this guy.

Further, they need to know damn fast what he can do and what he can't.

Agreed. Manuel's babying of Garland impeded his progress. I'm certain of it.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
If 6 ER in 4.2 IP against the Royals is the best he can do, I have no hope for him. :puke

Yeah, McCarthy should be throwing up 7 IP 3 H 0 ER 10 SO every time against a team that is hitting .300 with their new manager.

Do you ever get tired of being an absolute moron most of the times? God, three starts in the bigs and you're ready to s*** all over him.