White Sox vs Buddy Bell's Royals 06/20/05

sox-r-us

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
I thought this guy doesn't walk batters.  Guess not.

Youve said that like 30 times now. Shut the f*** up. He's just not getting his curve across. Christ, we have the f***ing lead.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
See this?  Dye is just not a good outfielder anymore.  He's sooooooo slow.

And McCarthy just looks like a disaster waiting to happen today.  And I'm not trying to be negative.

That ball really should have and could have been caught by about anyone other than dye.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
I thought this guy doesn't walk batters.  Guess not.

He's 21 and this is his 3rd career start. His first back with the team, maybe give him some time before you say he can't throw strikes.

BMac looks very hittable. He's gotta learn how to keep the ball down, or he's gonna get hammered up here. Hell, it wasn't working very well down in Charlotte.

I'm not getting down on the guy. Just sayin that he has plenty to work on.

Dye's defense is just insanely bad this season. If you're not going to catch it, you have to knock the ball down. Also, I'm still refraining from making a judgment on McCarthy, but I'll say this: for the right player, I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

Dye's defense is just insanely bad this season.  If you're not going to catch it, you have to knock the ball down.  Also, I'm still refraining from making a judgment on McCarthy, but I'll say this:  for the right player, I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

I would too. His 91 MPH straight fastball doesn't impress me much.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
He's 21 and this is his 3rd career start.  His first back with the team, maybe give him some time before you say he can't throw strikes.

From the looks of this, though, it doesn't seem like he's going to be winning that starting role any time soon.

If he settles in and shuts them down from now on, maybe then. But he's really throwing a lot of balls, throwing two pitches, and I'm not so sure about his composure.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Dye's defense is just insanely bad this season.  If you're not going to catch it, you have to knock the ball down.  Also, I'm still refraining from making a judgment on McCarthy, but I'll say this:  for the right player, I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

I love it how you only jump into the game threads when bad things happen.