White Sox vs Buddy Bell's Royals 06/20/05

sox-r-us

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, there it is, that's the end of Brandon McCarthy's night.

Way too many mistakes. He looked worse tonite than vs. Texas.

It was damn near tied up. McCarthy was his own worst enemy and to be frank I do not want him starting vs. the Cubs. I realize there may not be another choice, but he is not ready. He was getting torched at AAA for a reason.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
Pods is a average left fielder at best!

That would have been an incredible catch. You know McCarthy blows when people are whining the ump should have called the 3rd strike on Stairs (pitch wasn't close) or Pods should have made a great catch. Cotts should have been in to face Stairs, but we tried to get him the win.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Pods is a average left fielder at best!

:bang

That ball was crushed off the top of the fence. If you want to lay blame for this game so far, lay it on McCarthy. He is the one that couldnt stop walking Royals, and couldn't hit any spots. This kid isn't ready, I'm sorry.

QUOTE(Cloudyguy09 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
thats it make the trade now crede b-mac for chavez

How would that help our pitching?

In my mind, McCarthy is completely tradeable right now. And, yeah, I'm just overreacting to a bad start...blah, blah, blah.

We need pitching and B-Mac ain't even close to the answer. If he can't even look decent against the Royals, he's not good at all yet.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Ok, there it is, that's the end of Brandon McCarthy's night.

Way too many mistakes.  He looked worse tonite than vs. Texas.

It was damn near tied up.  McCarthy was his own worst enemy and to be frank I do not want him starting vs. the Cubs.  I realize there may not be another choice, but he is not ready.  He was getting torched at AAA for a reason.

His stuff was the best he's had but his control just wasn't there tonight. I still think Brandon is going to be special but just not yet.

You guys are being pretty brutal to pretty young kid who admittedly shouldn't be up in the majors right now because he is too green. Lay off a little, guys. A lot of pitchers have a couple of unsuccessful stints in the majors before putting it together. He'll get there. He's still a year away, that's all.