So what should I tell Borowski?

Adam G

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Joe Borowski lives in my building and I've gotta think of something snappy to say to him about Jeter hitting his first career grand slam off him in New York.  Any suggestions?

ask him if he learned that pitch at rutgers.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Joe Borowski lives in my building and I've gotta think of something snappy to say to him about Jeter hitting his first career grand slam off him in New York.  Any suggestions?

"hey borowski....kill yourself"

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)

Make sure you bring that pitch you threw to Jeter to The Cell this weekend.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)

Show some class and don't say anything.

Why the JoeBo hate? I always had a sort of respect for him, he always got by on decent but not great stuff. Its not my style to rip on a journeyman pitcher who was made out to be something that he isnt by the Cub fan-dumb.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
Why the JoeBo hate?  I always had a sort of respect for him, he always got by on decent but not great stuff. Its not my style to rip on a journeyman pitcher who was made out to be something that he isnt by the Cub fan-dumb.

I dont hate him at all, he's actually a good guy. Like I said, it's good natured teasing.

Even if there's some good-natured fun already established, I personally can't see the point of taunting one of the decent guys on the Cubs roster for giving up a slam to Jeter.

There are plenty of other Cubs who are far more deserving than Borowski. Wood, Patterson, Baker, Maddux immediately come to mind.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Even if there's some good-natured fun already established, I personally can't see the point of taunting one of the decent guys on the Cubs roster for giving up a slam to Jeter.

There are plenty of other Cubs who are far more deserving than Borowski.  Wood, Patterson, Baker, Maddux immediately come to mind.

And if they lived in my building, I'd tease them too. Maybe I'll just stick to the fact that the Sox have the best record in baseball and the Cubs, uh, dont.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
It's good natured.  He gives me s*** about the Sox when they're not doing well.  His son plays with my dog.

How bout, "Joe, thank you for your donation to the Prostate Cancer Fund."

He may even take it as a positive spin to giving up the grand slam to Jeter.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
It's good natured.  He gives me s*** about the Sox when they're not doing well.  His son plays with my dog.

That's cool. If the guy won't be insulted by it, go for it and some fun.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)

If its good natured and no malice, then by all means, let him have it. I read the original post and thought that taunting was the idea.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
I've always suspected the guy was on the juice.  I wouldn't say s***, unless there is a fence between us.

He's a pretty solid guy, but I dont really suspect the juice. I guess if he was he wouldnt tell me anyway though.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
He's a pretty solid guy, but I dont really suspect the juice.  I guess if he was he wouldnt tell me anyway though.

I'm sure he's cool and I also bet he wouldn't tell you.

Him and Clemens were just too damn big for guys that only throw a baseball. :huh

..Gagne is another one.... and look at him now.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
I'm sure he's cool and I also bet he wouldn't tell you.

Him and Clemens were just too damn big for guys that only throw a baseball. :huh

..Gagne is another one.... and look at him now.

By solid I meant built solid. He's 6'2" and 225, which means he's got some size on him, but if you see him in person it looks more like pudge than muscle.

Edited by Adam G

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
By solid I meant built solid.  He's 6'2" and 225, which means he's got some size on him, but if you see him in person it looks more like pudge than muscle.

Maybe he's off of it this year, which might explain it. I know 2 or 3 years ago, the guy looked like he was gonna burst through his uni...and his forerams and neck were enormous...just like Clemens...... and just like Gagne. Pure specualtion.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
Maybe he's off of it this year, which might explain it.  I know 2 or 3 years ago, the guy looked like he was gonna burst through his uni...and his forerams and neck were enormous...just like Clemens...... and just like Gagne.  Pure specualtion.

One guy who I would bet my right arm was on the juice was Pudge Rodriguez. Look how much weight that guy lost.