30 over by the break

Hideaway Lights

this is not only a realistic goal, it better damn well happen.

three worst road teams in the AL are coming into town in the next four home series...KC (10-22), Tampa (5-28) and Oakland (10-24). The Cubs will be a tough series no matter how much they are struggling right now. But for those four home series Sox should be 9-3. Anything less than a sweep of Tampa would be disappointing, and I just can't see them losing more than three of those games.

They also have six road games....three at detroit and three at oakland. A split of those games should be feasible.

12-6 puts us 6 more games over .500....30 over even to be exact, at 58-28.

Let's get there, Sox!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :headbang

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
this is not only a realistic goal, it better damn well happen.

three worst road teams in the AL are coming into town in the next four home series...KC (10-22), Tampa (5-28) and Oakland (10-24). The Cubs will be a tough series no matter how much they are struggling right now. But for those four home series Sox should be 9-3. Anything less than a sweep of Tampa would be disappointing, and I just can't see them losing more than three of those games.

They also have six road games....three at detroit and three at oakland. A split of those games should be feasible.

12-6 puts us 6 more games over .500....30 over even to be exact, at 58-28.

Let's get there, Sox!

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :headbang

That would be cool, but lets worry about KC first, just take one game at a time.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
That would be cool, but lets worry about KC first, just take one game at a time.

Sing as if it was Stayin Alive....

One game at a time, One game at a time, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, One GAme at a Time,...

Ok, I'm lame

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
Exactly. I have a TON of confidence in this team, but while I consider myself an optomist, I also think im a realist, and August is going to be a b****, best team in baseball or not. Just keep stockpiling these games now, and just survive August.

Getting as many wins as possible before the dog days of the season comes will be huge for the sox.

If they are 25 games above on Labor Day, they've done a hell of a job and should be just fine going into the stretch run... and have played roughly .500 between now and then, which ain't too shabby.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Exactly. I have a TON of confidence in this team, but while I consider myself an optomist, I also think im a realist, and August is going to be a b****, best team in baseball or not. Just keep stockpiling these games now, and just survive August.

exactly, august is our hardest month.

stockpile the wins and pull away as much as possible now, it will definitely help then.

On the other hand, there's always the possibility that come August, we'll see the Twins, Yankees, and Bosox on our calendar, realize that these are the games we need to win, and we'll go all "Sox vs. Yankees and Indians in 2000" on their asses and walk out of those 2 weeks with like 2 losses.

We've been basically hovering around or inching upwards from about 18 games above for the last month or so...no gigantic 7 game winning streaks like we had twice earlier this season.

We're due to get blazing hot again. And I think we just might be there now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
On the other hand, there's always the possibility that come August, we'll see the Twins, Yankees, and Bosox on our calendar, realize that these are the games we need to win, and we'll go all "Sox vs. Yankees and Indians in 2000" on their asses and walk out of those 2 weeks with like 2 losses.

We've been basically hovering around or inching upwards from about 18 games above for the last month or so...no gigantic 7 game winning streaks like we had twice earlier this season.

We're due to get blazing hot again.  And I think we just might be there now.

I hope you are right, and this year this team looks like they could do it. But when you look at a schedule like that, you can't help but get a cold chill.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
I hope you are right, and this year this team looks like they could do it.  But when you look at a schedule like that, you can't help but get a cold chill.

I get nervous just thinking about August, it is going to be one tough month for the sox. I think we could possibly be 30 games over by the end of june if we keep winning. The sox need to win 7 of the last 8 games in June to stay at 30+ games over .500.