Attendence thread

Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
How many season tickets to the cubs our held by businesses and distributed to clients, employees, whoever??  I'm willing to bet that's a big difference in season tickets holders between sox and cubs.  Businesses have clients that want to see Wrigley?  Is there any data on that or any way to find out??

Tickets held by fans vs tickets held by companies??

It's a write off for a business isn't it??

I would be willing to bet that the Cubs season ticket base is double the Sox. No hard evidence, just a hunch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
I would be willing to bet that the Cubs season ticket base is double the Sox.  No hard evidence, just a hunch.

I would to...if not just for the fact that the north crowd has a lot more diposable income than the south.

I'm just also curious on how many businesses have season tix with the cubs vs the sox.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
That's not uncommon.  Since 2000 I always show up at the game early & it always seems like a 1/2 full house.  But every where you look people are walking around.  Then by the 3rd inning it looks much fuller.  I really think it's all about the food at the Cell.  ESPN featured only a smidgen of what's there.  I still believe it's 2nd to none to other MLB parks when it comes to the food.

It was a great night to be sitting in the bleachers & watching the fireworks both at the plate & behind the scoreboard. 

I just wish Boyer would have more promotions linked to the food.    Every one I go to the games with raves about the food.  It's something Wrigley can't come close to competing in.  The Sox should do a much better job selling the food at the park.  How about a free brat with paid admission?

Wrigley just hired the same food company that's at the Cell. My friends tell me it's like night and day now.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
Wrigley just hired the same food company that's at the Cell. My friends tell me it's like night and day now.

I actually think its still a different company. We still have far superior food. They finally got decent dogs, and pizza and nachos, but still dont have the diverse food categories, such as steak pita and the polish with onions. We cornered the market on the best food in the majors, trust me.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
That's not uncommon.  Since 2000 I always show up at the game early & it always seems like a 1/2 full house.  But every where you look people are walking around.  Then by the 3rd inning it looks much fuller.  I really think it's all about the food at the Cell.  ESPN featured only a smidgen of what's there.  I still believe it's 2nd to none to other MLB parks when it comes to the food.

It was a great night to be sitting in the bleachers & watching the fireworks both at the plate & behind the scoreboard. 

I just wish Boyer would have more promotions linked to the food.    Every one I go to the games with raves about the food.  It's something Wrigley can't come close to competing in.  The Sox should do a much better job selling the food at the park.  How about a free brat with paid admission?

That would be a lot of free brats.

Thanks, Cheat, for the graph.

The way I see it, the Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs/Twinkies/Saturday Night Fireworks Games + 22,000 at all the other games will be enough to get the Sox to about 2.05 million. Believe it or not, that would only be a modest increase from last year.

If you want to carry the +10% trend through, and account for the Yankee games played in early 2004 (which drew 93,000, or about +50,000 over what you would expect for mid-week April games), it's more like a 18% increase. If that keeps up, the Sox are looking at about 2.27 million in attendance (28,000 per game), which would be good for the 4th best attendance of all time (behind 1991, 1992 and 1993).

P.S. The White Sox led the American League in attendance 8 out of the first 17 years of the AL. They've led the league in attendance only one year (1960) since.

I read an article that after the NYY series in MIN their attendance was up 28%. Not sure where it is now.

The Cell looked fuller last night then 28K+. It coulld be psychological on my part. I've guessed wrong on the attendance the past two nights I've been there. It just feels fuller. The Fundmentals deck is cool. They need to build one for us adults :D

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
I've said it once, I will say it again, I would rather have 10,000 honest to go sox fans, than 40,000 yahoo's taking up space.  I like it better when there is almost nobody there so I can move seats if I want to, get in line for food faster, bathroom breaks take 2 min and I dont have to put up with ignorant people who walk down the aisle during a pitch.  I honestly couldnt give 2 s***s about our attendance, at all.

Then you want the Sox to be like the Royals. Helluva fan.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
I would be willing to bet that the Cubs season ticket base is double the Sox.  No hard evidence, just a hunch.

I'd be willing to bet it's almost triple(the scrubs are supposedly around 28k and we're a little over 9k).

No idea how many are corporate holders but my guess is a majority are for the scrubs. And don't forget north shore Biff and Buffy who get tix so they can comp their semi-impressed friends.