What do you want/expect out of BMac tonight?

JDsDirtySox

What do you want/expect to see out of BMac tonight. Granted he is playing the Royals, but the Royals are playing good baseball right now.

I expect to see 6 innings pitched, 5 runs.

I hope I am wrong, but this is just the feeling I have for BMac right now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a BMac fan.. He needs to prove to me he can be what he is projected to be before I support him..

Ide rather trade him to someone who thinks hes gonna be good in the future because I dont see it.. Look at his AAA #'s they suck, im sorry but someone who is as good as he has been advertised does not suck like he has in AAA

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
Im not a BMac fan.. He needs to prove to me he can be what he is projected to be before I support him..

Ide rather trade him to someone who thinks hes gonna be good in the future because I dont see it.. Look at his AAA #'s they suck, im sorry but someone who is as good as he has been advertised does not suck like he has in AAA

i agree...

Garland dominated AAA and it still took him a while to pitch really well in the majors

Some of you people need to think before posting.

Judging McCarthy on his AAA numbers so far this year is completely idiotic.

The guy is one of the top 100 prospects in baseball and one of our top 3.

Look at his career minor league numbers.

He had one bad game up here AT Texas, when they were on a complete roll and everyone called for his head.

He did pretty damn well in his MLB debut if I recall correctly and it was in a big game at Wrigley.

Give the guy a chance before writing him off. He's only pitched twice in the majors.

He had one bad game up here AT Texas, when they were on a complete roll and everyone called for his head.

He did pretty damn well in his MLB debut if I recall correctly and it was in a big game at Wrigley.

Give the guy a chance before writing him off.  He's only pitched twice in the majors.

I figured someone would come on here and make a dumb post like this.. :headshake

Like I said... I am NOT impressed with his AAA #'s because of how he has been advertised... a top prospect and compared to MB and Prior and a 5 ERA in AAA? And its not like he has control issues, because he has good K/BB numbers... he gives up way too many HR's and Like I said and MEANT I do not think he is as good as people believe..

Ill judge him how I want, you judge him how you want..

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)

Give the guy a chance before writing him off.  He's only pitched twice in the majors.

:headbang

As long as we win, I'll be happy. I am a big Bmac fan though, so I hope he pitches a good game and hopefully the hitters will give him some runs to work with.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
I figured someone would come on here and make a dumb post like this..  :headshake

Like I said... I am NOT impressed with his AAA #'s because of how he has been advertised... a top prospect and compared to MB and Prior and a 5 ERA in AAA? And its not like he has control issues, because he has good K/BB numbers... he gives up way too many HR's and Like I said and MEANT I do not think he is as good as people believe..

Thank you for that expert analysis, Jim Callis.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)

1)AAA numbers are a telling sign of the progress of a pitching prospect. The assumption that judging a prospect by their minor league numbers is "idiotic" is highly suspect

2)A lot of top prospects don't pan out. I hope McCarthy does and I think he will, I just don't think he is ready for the majors yet.

3)single A numbers count about as much as highschool numbers :)

4)One bad game doesn't lead to a ERA over 7. sorry dude

5)Yea, he pitched a good game against the struggling scrubbies (not a major accomplishment). He also followed that game against a quality team and got destroyed. I think he will beat KC tonight, the are about as good as the flubs.

Burned.

Anyways, Quality Start-ish for BMac.

Also, McCarthy is 21 and in AAA, where the average age of players is what, 23-24ish? Also, starting 2004 he was in Low Class A. Give him some time, eh? Not everyone will get it right the first time.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
I figured someone would come on here and make a dumb post like this..  :headshake

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
This is coming from a guy promoting D'Angelo Jimenez in his member name. :headshake

Hahahaha I am guessing he made this name shortly after he won the game for us against the scrubs.... :bang