What do you want/expect out of BMac tonight?

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Hahahaha I am guessing he made this name shortly after he won the game for us against the scrubs.... :bang

Ask him how his boy D'Angelo is doing these days?

Released by the ultra pathetic Cincinnati Reds.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
1)AAA numbers are a telling sign of the progress of a pitching prospect. The  assumption that judging a prospect by their minor league numbers is "idiotic" is highly suspect 

2)A lot of top prospects don't pan out.  I hope McCarthy does and I think he will,  I just don't think he is ready for the majors yet.

3)single A numbers count about as much as highschool numbers :)

4)One bad game doesn't lead to a ERA over 7.  sorry dude

5)Yea, he pitched a good game against the struggling scrubbies (not a major accomplishment).  He also followed that game against a quality team and got destroyed.  I think he will beat KC tonight, the are about as good as the flubs.

His ERA is 6.47, at least know the facts if you're going to enter an argument.

Also, that game against the "struggling scrubbies" was at Wrigley Field in front of a packed house. I don't care if he was playing the '62 Mets, that's a tough environment to start out in.

Also, that game against the "struggling scrubbies" was at Wrigley Field in front of a packed house.  I don't care if he was playing the '62 Mets, that's a tough environment to start out in.

Ok well support him all you want.. I dont have to..

I also do not think he is ready, and I dont think he is as good as people think he is.. its not idiotic

Whats funny is because of my opinion jackasses come into the threads and start the personal attacks.. COUGH aboz COUGH.. taking shots and my user name, pathetic

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
Ok well support him all you want.. I dont have to..

I also do not think he is ready, and I dont think he is as good as people think he is.. its not idiotic

Whats funny is because of my opinion jackasses come into the threads and start the personal attacks.. COUGH aboz COUGH.. taking shots and my user name, pathetic

Personal attacks.... :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

BMac's era was 3.38 when he got a ND against the cubs and he got roughed up against a team who scores the most runs in baseball AND saw him more than once pitch in spring training. If BMac throws a good game tonight his era will drastically decrease and we wouldn't even have this arguement.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
Yea it does, he's pitched twice in the majors.

I was talking about his ERA in AAA after returning from the sox, not his major league ERA. I don't know what his overall ERA in AAA is, I suspect it is fairly high for a top prospect.

Let me state this one more time...I think McCarthy is a great prospect and will be a good pitcher. I don't know if he is ready yet for MLB, I hope is! done and done

:drink

You can think he sucks all you want, I dont care..

but to go from discussing something in a thread to saying "Uhh well your username is a guy who sucks"

haha, real mature.. your an admin here?? lmfao..

I don't have to think that he sucks. It's a fact that Jimenez sucks. Where is he, in the Reds' minors?

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)

environment to start out in.

hahaha, ok dude....

seriously, you guys gotta get off this guys cock after one good start against the scubbies

real mature, haha... taking offence to something posted on an internet message board... haha

real mature, haha

here's a lollypop... real mature... haha

go sox, real mature, haha

lets win, haha

bmac all the way baby, real mature

haha

lets continue to argue while the game starts, real mature

or, just drop it, real mature... haha...

s***, i contradicted myself, real mature

haha

i didnt give you any angles to atack me, real mature, haha

i contradicted myself again, haha

I think what most people fail to realize here is two things:

1) This guy was pitching in Winston Salem at this time last year.

2) He's one of the youngest guys at Triple A right now. (Probably would be the youngest if it wasn't for Felix Hernandez)

He's friggin' 21 for Pete's sake! You guys are going to write him off for half of a below average season at AAA? Man, I'd hate to see your reactions to the major league club. How little does everyone forget that this man lead the minors in K's last year and elevated through three levels. If he had a 95+mph fastball, he'd be the second coming in the eyes of scouts...and hell who knows he could get a spike in his velocity still.

However, I am in it for the long haul with BMac. I'm not going to sit here and bash him after two starts or a half of a season at AAA. If he goes Borchard or Crede on us, then sure I'll lose my patience. But jumping the gun on him, whether calling him amazing or awful, is probably not wise right now. To me, he's the closest thing I've ever seen to a "pitching prospect" in our organization. So I'll just sit back and enjoy watching him grow. I suggest everyone else does the same.

Edited by Fotop