Frank HRS

rangercal

Here is a list of mlb "stars" who have comparable HR #'s to the big hurt.

Frank 6

T. Helton 6

C. Beltrán 8

A. Huff 4

S. Rolen 5 ( I know he's been injured but still has almost 100 more abs than frank)

J. Thome 5 (same as rolen)

A. Béltre 5

C. Jones 7

I. Rodríguez 5

J. López 7

S. Sosa 9

M. Piazza 7

Frank is the Man! :cheers :headbang

Edited by rangercal

I just saw these 2 game notes in a box score .

With his run scored in the bottom of the 3rd inning, Frank Thomas of the White Sox set a franchise record with 1,320 career runs scored.

With his solo home run in the bottom of the 3rd inning, Frank Thomas passed Dave Kingman for 28th all time with 443 career major league home runs.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Just hearing from other teams fans. Frank will mess up our chemistry  :headshake

If anything ,I think KONG  is more negative to this teams chemistry in his pinkie than frank is in his whole body.

Right now there is nobody who you can honestly call negative to our chemistry.

-Carl could whine about not getting to play every day but he doesn't. He's happy to be here and he just wants to win.

I would talk about more players but the sentence about Carl pretty much sums up everyone's attitude.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Right now there is nobody who you can honestly call negative to our chemistry. 

-Carl could whine about not getting to play every day but he doesn't.  He's happy to be here and he just wants to win.

I would talk about more players but the sentence about Carl pretty much sums up everyone's attitude.

I just don't like paulies little call outs of other players. Thats a discussion for another thread though.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Time to quit playing CE and play FT

I agree but evert was doing fine. You need to give him 3-4 starts a week at outfield and DH. You only have to take Frank, Pods, dye, Rowand out once a week to make that happen.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
I agree but evert was doing fine. You need to give him 3-4 starts a week at outfield and DH. You only have to take Frank, Pods, dye, Rowand out once a week to make that happen.

It definately keeps our team fresh for october.

BOTH Frank and Carl have to play 3-4 games a week, no way around it. Everett has been money in his own right. If that means sitting Pods a bit, so be it because Everett and Frank are hitting the ball right now. Ride them while they are both semi-hot

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
BOTH Frank and Carl have to play 3-4 games a week, no way around it. Everett has been money in his own right. If that means sitting Pods a bit, so be it because Everett and Frank are hitting the ball right now. Ride them while they are both semi-hot

Id like to see frank 5 times a week. If that means taking playing time from Carl, so be it.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)

Or you only have to sit pods once a week. Evert can play left field twice, put pods in center one time. Evert can play Rf once. And evert can play Dh once. This is a great problem to have though.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Or you only have to sit pods once a week. Evert can play left field twice, put pods in center one time. Evert can play Rf once. And evert can play Dh once. This is a great problem to have though.

This is the s*** that had fans upset with Jerry "the tinkerer" Manuel. Switching to a different line up everyday isn't going to work. Carl and Frank are going to platoon for now. Ozzie will have to decide a little bit by schedule and a little bit by match-ups. Either way, I suspect who ever is sitting will get a pitch hit appearance late in a game.